Tài liệu dành cho học sinh lớp 12 gồm các bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 12 Unit 1 Home Life, các câu hỏi trắc nghiệm Tiếng Anh đều có đáp án và giải thích chi tiết, các câu hỏi được biên soạn theo chương trình SGK Tiếng Anh cũ theo các unit, bào gồm các chuyên đề ngữ pháp – từ vựng, ngữ âm – trọng âm, đọc hiểu, phù hợp cho các bạn ôn luyện cho các đề kiểm, ôn thi Đại Học (THPT Quốc Gia)
Trích đoạn tài liệu
Choose the word which is stressed differently from the rest.
|A. hospital||B. mischievous||C. supportive||D. special|
|2. A. family||B. whenever||C. obedient||D. solution|
|3. A. biologist||B. generally||C. responsible||D. security|
|4. A. confident||B. important||C. together||D. exciting|
|5. A. possible.||B. university||C. secondary||D. suitable|
Choose a, b, c, or d that best completes each sentence.
6. Each of us must take ______ for our own actions.
A. probability B. ability C. possibility D. responsibility
7. These quick and easy _______ can be effective in the short term, but they have a cost.
A. solve B. solvable C. solutions D. solvability
8. John is _______ only child in his family so his parents love him a lot.
A. a B. an C. the D. no article
According to the boss, John is the most _______ for the position of executive secretary.
A. supportive B. caring C. suitable D. comfortable
She got up late and rushed to the bus stop.
A. came into B. went leisurely C. went quickly D. dropped by
Billy, come and give me a hand with cooking.
help B. prepared C. be busy D. attempt
Whenever problems come up, we discuss them frankly and find solutions quickly.
happen B. encounter C. arrive D. clean
What are the _______ of that country? – I think it is some kinds of cheese and sauces.
drinks B. beverages C. grains D. special dishes
Peter tried his best and passed the driving test at the first _______.
try B. attempt C. doing D. aim
Where is Jimmy? – He is ____ work. He is busy ____ his monthly report.
on / for B. in / about C. to / through D. at / with
With greatly increased workloads, everyone is _______ pressure now.
under B. above C. upon D. out of
We are not allowed _______ jeans at school.
wear B. to wear C. wearing D. worn
Sometimes I do not feel like _______ to my sibling about my troubles.
talk B. to talk C. talking D. talked
The worker was _______ his boss expected, so he was offered a raise.
more hard-working B. as hard-working than
more hard-working than D. more hard-working as
John _______ a respectful and obedient student.
said to be B. is said C. is said being D. is said to be
I love _______ films but I seldom find time to go the cinema.
see B. saw C. seen D. seeing
In the last hundred years, traveling _______ much easier and more comfortable.
becomes B. has become C. became D. will become
In the 19th century, it _______ two or three months to cross North America by covered wagon.
took B. had taken C. had taken D. was taking
In the past the trip _______ very rough and often dangerous, but things _______ a great deal in the last hundred and fifty years.
was / have changed B. is / change
had been / will change D. has been / changed
Now you _______ from New York to Los Angeles in a matter of hours. [not more than]
are flying B. would fly C. will fly D. can fly
When Carol _______ last night, I ______ my favorite show on television.
was calling / watched B. called / have watched
called / was watching D. had called / watched
By this time next summer, you _______ your studies.
completes B. will complete
are completing D. will have completed
Right now, Jim _______ the newspaper and Kathy _______ dinner.
reads / has cooked B. is reading / is cooking
has read / was cooking D. read / will be cooking
Last night at this time, they _______ the same thing. She _______ and he_______ the Newspaper.
are doing / is cooking / is reading
were doing / was cooking / was reading
was doing / has cooked / is reading
had done / was cooking /read
When I _______ home last night, I _______ that Jane _______ a beautiful candlelight dinner.
had arrived / discovered / prepared
was arriving / had discovered / was preparing
have arrived / was discovering / had prepared
arrived / discovered / was preparing
Choose the sentence which has the closest meaning to the original one.
They are not allowed to go out in the evening by their parents.
- Their parents do not want them to go out in the evening.
- Their parents never let them to go out in the evening.
- Going out in the evening is permitted by their parents.
- Although their parents do not allow, they still go out in the evening.
- Although my parents are busy at work, they try to find time for their children.
My parents are so busy at work that they cannot find time for their children.
- Busy at work as my parents are, they try to find time for their children.
- My parents are too busy at work to find time for their children.
- My friends rarely have time for their children because they are busy at work.
- His eel soup is better than any other soups I have ever eaten.
Of all the soups I have ever eaten, his eel soup is the best.
- I have ever eaten many soups that are better than his eel soup.
- His eel soup is the worst of all soups I have eaten.
- His eel soup is good but I have ever eaten many others better.
- She gets up early to prepare breakfast so that her children can come to school on time.
Despite her getting up early to prepare breakfast, her children cannot come to school on time.
- Because she wants her children to come to school on time, she gets up early to prepare breakfast.
- If she does not get up early to prepare breakfast, her children will not come to school on time.
- Unless she gets up early to prepare breakfast, her children will not come to school on time.
The last time I went to the museum was a year ago.
- I have not been to the museum for a year.
- A year ago, I often went to the museum.
- My going to the museum lasted a year.
- At last I went to the museum after a year.
Read the passage carefully and choose the correct answer.
Jean spent her first few years in Hooper and her family moved to Otsego early in her life. She was only ten when her father died unexpectedly, leaving her mother to raise and support their family alone. Her mother soon went to work outside the home to provide for the family, and Jean, being one of the oldest, had to help care for her younger siblings. Although she had much responsibility at home, Jean thoroughly enjoyed school and was an excellent student. She went on to graduate 10th in her class at Otsego High School in 1953.
While still in high school, Jean met a young man named Charles “Chuck” Holly, at a dance in Alamo; and they were quite taken with each other. Over the next few years, their love for each other blossomed and they were married on February 24, 1953, while Jean was still in school. At the time, Chuck was serving his country in the military, and had come home on leave to marry his sweetheart. Unfortunately, shortly thereafter, he was sent overseas to serve in Korea for the next fifteen months.
Upon his discharge, the couple settled into married life together in the Plainwell, Otsego area. To help make ends meet, Jean went to work at the collection bureau in Kalamazoo for a while, before taking a job at the cheese company in Otsego. In 1964, Chuck and Jean were overjoyed with the birth of their son, Chuck, who brought great joy into their lives. Jean remembered how her mother was always gone so much working after her father died and she did not want that for her son, so she left her job to devote herself to the role of a mother.
After Jean’s father passed away, her mother used to _______.
- work outside the home B. be a housewife
- support the family alone D. work as a secretary
Which is not referred to Jean?
- She was a responsible girl.
- She never helped her mother with household chores.
- She often did well at school.
- She went to high school.
Jean’s husband was a _______.
- teacher B. dancer C. soldier D. servant
- served in the military B. lived in Korea for fifteen months
- had a daughter D. got married when she was a student
Which is not TRUE about Jean?
- She disliked staying at home and taking care of her child.
- She worked outside the home before she had a child.
- She was very happy when she got a baby.
- She quit her job to look after her baby.