Tổng hợp các câu hỏi trắc nghiệm Tiếng Anh theo chương trình SGK lớp 12 Unit 12 Water Sports. Tất cả đều có đáp án để các bạn ôn tập, chuẩn bị kiến thức ngữ pháp, kĩ năng làm bài cho các bài kiểm tra trên lớp, ôn luyện kiến thức thi THPT Quốc Gia.
Trích từ tài liệu
Choose the word which has the underlined part pronounced differently from the rest
Câu 1: A. interfered B. allowed C. visited D. played
Câu 2: A. water B. swimming C. between D. rowing
Câu 3: A. caps B. meters C. swimmers D. lines
Choose the word which is stressed differently from the rest
Câu 1: A. interfere B. penalty C. referee D. competition
Câu 2: A. scuba-diving B. swimming C. gymnastics D. skating
Choose from the four options given (marked A, B, C, and D) one best answer
Câu 1: One of the four period of time in which a game of American football is divided is known as a _______.
- part B. half C. quarter D. stage
Câu 2: Suddenly, Julia jumped out of the car and sprinted for the front door.
- walked hurriedly B. ran very fast C. move slightly D. ran slowly
Câu 3: The _________ is the official who controls the game in some sports.
- player B. captain C. referee D. defender
Câu 4: The whole audience objected to their foul play during the football match.
- clumsy B. dependent C. imperfect D. unfair
Câu 5: Those two teams played so well and the scores were tied at 1-1 at last.
- drew B. put C. kept D. equaled
Câu 6: A kick taken as a penalty in the game of football is called a penalty kick or __________ kick.
- punishment B. foul C. opposition D. spot
Câu 7: In water polo, a player is ejected after committing five personal fouls.
- punished B. criticized C. thrown out D. defeated
Câu 8: A _________ is a device that automatically controls something such as speed, temperature or pressure.
- mask B. regulator C. boat D. fin
Câu 9: Rowing is the sport or activity of travelling in a boat by using ________
- air tanks B. sail C. boards D. oars
Câu 10: Windsurfing or _______ is the sport of sailing on water standing on a windsurfer.
- boat-sailing B. sail-boarding C. board-sailing D. wind-sailing
Câu 11: Their ________ play lost them the match against an amateur team.
- false B. foul C. wrong D. mistaken
Câu 12: Don’t __________ in matters that do not concern you.
- interfere B. discuss C. question D. study
Câu 13: I don’t know why he isn’t here at the moment. He ______ stuck in the traffic jam.
- must get B. may be C. should be D. must have got
Câu 14: Never agree _________ something you know to be wrong.
- doing B. to do C. you will do D. that will do
Câu 15: The place ________ good films is the Odeon Cinema.
- to see B. seeing C. can see D. we see
Câu 16: It was my secretary ________ sent the document to Mr. Smith.
- that B. who C. whom D. A &B
Câu 17: They spent a lot of money _________ their children with the best education.
- providing B. provided C. to provide D. on providing
Câu 18: I just bought __________ new shirt and some new shoes. ________ Shirt is quite expensive but the price of _____ shoes are reasonable.
- a/ A/ the B. a/ The/ a C. the/ The/ the D. a/ The/ the
Câu 19: I would like to thank my supervisor,________ I would never have finished my work.
- with whom B. with him C. with his help D. without whom
Câu 20: Don’t spend time _______ about things that may never happen.
- worried B. worrying C. to worry D. and worry
Câu 21: Never __________ I experienced such a storm since I was a child.
- had B. have C. did D. was
Câu 22: We need ________ information about this English course.
- far B. farther C. further D. most of
Câu 23: The player was ejected because he committed a foul.
- as B. due to C. despite D. provided
Câu 24: You need proper shoes to go hiking in the mountain, _________ the ground is rough and hard.
- though B. due to C. because of D. because
Find the underlined part in each sentence that should be corrected
Câu 1: This class has cancelled because too few students had registered before registration closed.
- has cancelled B. too few C. had registered D. before
Câu 2: The first nation park in the world, calling Yellowstone Park, was established in 1872.
- The B. in C. calling D. was established
Câu 3: A food additive is any chemical that food manufacturers intentional add to their products
- additive B. any C. intentional D. to
Câu 4: If you had put the plant in a cooler location, the leaves have burned
- had put B. cooler C. leaves D. have burned
Câu 5: The house was very quiet when I got home because of everyone had gone to bed.
- was B. when C. because of D. had gone
Read the passage carefully and choose the correct answers
Synchronized swimming is a hybrid of swimming, gymnastics, and dance. This sport has an artistic effect, and really relates to those three sports. It consists of swimmers performing a synchronized routine of elaborate and dramatic moves in the water, accompanied by music.
Synchronized swimming demands first-rate water skills, and requires strength, endurance, flexibility, grace, artistry and precise timing, not to mention exceptional breath control while upside down underwater. Developed in the early 1900s in Canada, it is a sport performed almost exclusively by women, although there is some participation by men. In its early form it was sometimes known as “water ballet”.
It is a Summer Olympic Games sport. First demonstrated in 1952, it has been an official event since 1984. Olympic and world Championship competition is not currently open to men, but other international and national competitions allow male competitors. Both USA Synchro and Synchro Canada allow men to compete with women.
Competitors point to the strength, flexibility, and aerobic endurance required to perform difficult routines for the judges, one technical and one free
Câu 1: The world ‘hybrid ‘in the first line could be best replaced by _________.
- continuity B. modernization C. mixture D. succession
Câu 2: Synchronized swimming is a sport that ________.
- relates to swimming, gymnastics, and dance
- began in Canada in the early of the 20th century
- is performed almost exclusively by women
- All are correct
Câu 3: It’s untrue to say that ________ .
- Synchronized swimming has completely influenced by ballet.
- Synchronized swimming used to be known as “water ballet”
- The requirements for synchronized swimmers are strength, endurance, flexibility, grace, artistry and precise timing
- Men can also take part in synchronized swimming.
Câu 4: Which of sentences is TRUE?
- Besides demanding strength, endurance, flexibility, grace and artistry, synchronized swimming requires exceptional breath control
- Olympic and World Championship competition allow male synchronized swimmers.
- Synchronized swimming emerged as an exhibition sport at the Olympic Games in 1984.
- Competition for both events consists of difficult technical routines.
Câu 5: The best title for the passage is _______ .
- History of Synchronized Swimming
- Competition Synchronized Swimming
- The Requirement of Synchronized Swimming
- Synchronized Swimming