Bổ sung thêm kho đề thi thử Tiếng Anh năm 2018, Thích Tiếng Anh chia sẻ “22 Đề thi thi thử Tiếng Anh THPT Quốc Gia năm 2018” bản WORD do cô Hoàng Xuân biên soạn, bám sát theo đề thi chính thức của bộ GD-ĐT, đề thi thử Tiếng Anh có đáp án để bạn có thể tự ôn luyện, đối chiếu với kết quả bài làm của mình. nắm được các kiến thức cần nhớ để làm tốt bài thi môn Tiếng Anh.
Trích từ đề thi
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word whose underlined part differs from the other three in pronunciation in each of the following questions.
|Question 1:||A. serves||B. hopes||C. likes||D. writes|
|Question 2:||A. substantial||B. initiate||C. particular||D. attention|
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word that differs from the other threeinthepositionofprimarystressineachofthefollowingquestions
|Question 3:||A. express||B. effort||C. employ||D. reduce|
|Question 4:||A. preference||B. attraction||C. advantage||D. infinitive|
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the underlined part that needs correction in each of the following questions.
Question 5: The passengers, tired after a very long trip, was relaxing in every available seat in the airport lobby.
- the B. very C. was relaxing D. available
Question 6: If we had more time last week, we would certainly have finished the project on time.
- had B. certainly C. the D. on time
Question 7: Sleeping, resting, and to drink fruit juice are the best ways to care for a cold.
- sleeping B. to drink C. juice D. best ways
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the following questions.
Question 8: I’d like to see that football match because I once this year.
- haven’t seen B. don’t see C. weren’t seeing D. didn’t see Question 9: They always kept on good with their next-door neighbors for the children’s sake.
- will B. friendship C. terms D. relations
Question 10: Some candidates failed the oral examination because they didn’t have enough
- confide B. confident C. confidential D. confidence
Question 11: Our new coach is popular the whole team.
- for B. to C. by D. with
Question 12: Don’t go too fast! I can’t up with you.
- keep B. go C. walk D. run
Question 13: I have no idea where .
- has she got that information B. she got that information
- did she get that information D. that information has she got
Question 14: That’s story I have ever heard.
- a ridiculous B. the ridiculous
- the more ridiculous D. the most ridiculous
Question 15: We bought some .
- German lovely old glasses B. German old lovely glasses
- lovely old German glasses D. old lovely German glasses
Question 16: non-verbal language is important aspect of interpersonal communication.
- The – a B. ø – an C. A – the D. The – ø
Question 17: Their apartment looks nice. In fact, it’s .
- extremely comfortable B. extreme comfortably
- extreme comfortable D. extremely comfortably
Question 18: My teacher is one of the people .
- I look up to them B. whom look up to
- I look up to D. to who I look up to
Question 19: In my company, the director deputy usually the responsibility for organizing meetings and conferences.
- makes B. gets C. becomes D. takes
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the most suitable response to complete each of the followingexchanges.
Question 20: “Would you mind turning down the TV? I’m working!” “ .”
- Yes, I’m working, too. B. Not at all. I’ll do it now.
- Thank you. I’m pleased. D. No, I wouldn’t be working.
Question 21: “Please, lock the door carefully before you leave the room.” “ .”
- I won’t tell you when I do it. B. I’m thinking of selling the house.
- That’s for sure. D. I’m sorry. I did it last night.
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word(s) CLOSEST in meaning to the underlined word(s )in each of the following questions.
Question 22: Mr. Gerstein was particularly taken aback to hear that sleeping problems are often linked to physical problems.
- surprised B. intended C. determined D. relieved
Question 23: I shouldn’t go outside without a raincoat because it’s raining cats and dogs.
- it’s just started to rain B. it’s raining very heavily
- it’s going to rain D. it’s drizzling
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word(s) OPPOSITE in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.
Question 24: I could only propose a partial solution to the crisis in the company.
- half B. halfway C. effective D. complete
Question 25: Inadequate supply of oxygen to the blood can cause death within minutes.
- Sufficient B. Nonexistent C. Rich D. Useful
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the sentence that is closest in meaning to each of the following questions.
Question 26: You ought to make up your mind now.
- It is high time you made up your mind. B. Making up your mind is necessary.
- It is possible to make up your mind. D. You should have made up your mind.
Question 27: “No, no, you really must stay a bit longer!” said the boys.
- The boys denied my staying a bit
- The boys refused to let me stay a bit
- The boys didn’t agree to let stay a bit
- The boys insisted on my staying a bit
Question 28: My uncle didn’t recognize me until I spoke.
- My uncle recognized me not until I spoke
- Only when my uncle recognized me did I speak
- Not until I spoke did my uncle recognize me
- When I spoke, my uncle didn’t recognize me
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the sentence that best combines each pair of sentences in the following questions.
Question 29: I picked up my book. I found that the cover had been torn
- When picking up my book, the cover had been torn
- On picking up my book, I saw that the cover had been torn
- The cover had been torn when my book picked up
- Picked up, the book was torn
Question 30: Home schooling is apparently very successful. Many people still believe in the benefits of traditional schooling
- Because home schooling is apparently very successful, many people still believe in the benefits of traditional schooling
- As long as home schooling is apparently very successful, many people still believe in the benefits of traditional schooling
- Even though home schooling is apparently very successful, many people still believe in the benefits of traditional schooling
- In spite of home schooling is apparently very successful, many people still believe in the benefits of traditional schooling
Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correctwordorphrasethatbestfitseachofthenumberedblanksfrom 31 to 35.
ENGLISH AROUND THE WORLD
Teaching English as a foreign language can be a great way to travel around the world and earn money at the same time. However, some graduates actually like the idea of (31) a career in teaching English, and there are numerous courses at various (32) , from the basic certificates to the diploma or even the master’s.
To find the right course, a good place to start is TEFL.com – an Internet site with lots of relevant information and helpful (33) including a full list of places in the UL offering courses. The site also offers assistance to qualified graduates (34) finding work.
When deciding on a course, the best thing to do is to look at what your needs are. If you want a career in teaching English, then definitely find one designed for that (35) , such as an MA or diploma; but if you want to travel around the world, then do a shorter course that will supply you with teaching skills.
|Question 31:||A. tracking||B. chasing||C. hunting||D. following|
|Question 32:||A. levels||B. categories||C. groups||D. classes|
|Question 33:||A. opinion||B. suggestion||C. advice||D. idea|
|Question 34:||A. to||B. for||C. at||D. in|
|Question 35:||A. function||B. use||C. aim||D. purpose|
Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answertoeachofthequestionsfrom 36 to 42.
Most people think that lions only come from Africa. This is understandable because in fact most lions do come from there but this has not always been the case. If we went back ten thousand years. we would find that there were lions roaming vast sections of the globe. However no, unfortunately only a very small section of the lion’s former habitat remains.
Asiatic lions are sub-species of African lions. It is almost a hundred thousand years since the Asiatic lions split off and developed as a sub-species. At one time the Asiatic lion was living as far west as Greece and they were found from there, but in a band that spreads east through various countries of the Middle East, all the way to India. In museums now, you can see Greek coins that have clear images of the Asiatic lion on them. Most of them are dated at around 500 B.C. However, Europe saw its last Asiatic lions roaming free to thousand years ago. Over the next nineteen hundred years the numbers of Asiatic lions in the other areas declined steadily, but it was only in the nineteenth century that they disappeared from everywhere but in India.
The Gir Wildlife Sanctuary in India was established especially to protect the Asiatic lion. There are now around three hundred Asiatic lions in India and almost all of them are in this sanctuary. However, despite living in a sanctuary, which makes them safe from hunters, they still face a number of problems that threaten their survival. One of these is the ever- present danger of disease. This is what killed more than a third of Africa’s Serengeti lions in 1994, and people are fearful that something similar could happen in the Gir Sanctuary and kill off many of the Asiatic lions there.
India’s lions are particular vulnerable because they have a limited gene pool. The reason for this is interesting – it is because all of them are descended from a few dozen lions that were saved by a prince who took a particular interest in them. He was very healthy, and he managed to protect them otherwise they would probably have died out completely.
When you see the Asiatic lion in India, what you sense is enormous vitality. They are very impressive animals and you would never guess that they this vulnerability when you look at them.
Question 36: According to the passage, ten thousand years ago, .
- lions did not live in small forests
- lions came mainly from Afric
- lions roamed much more than nowadays
- there were much more lion habitats than nowadays
Question 37: The phrase “split off” in the second paragraph is closest in meaning to .
- spotted animals B. divided
- developed into different species D. changed the original species
Question 38: The word “vulnerable” in paragraph 4 is closest in meaning to .
- weak B. careless C. cautious D. easily protected
Question 39: The Asiatic lion .
- was looking for food mainly in the Middle East
- was searching for food in a wide range of countries
- was searching for food mainly in India and Africa
D was looking for food mainly in India.
Question 40: According to the author, the Gir Wildlife Sanctuary
- protects the Asiatic lion from hunters and diseases
- cannot reduce the Asiatic lion’s risk of catching diseases
- can make the Asiatic lion become weak
- is among many places where the Asiatic lion is well protected
Question 41: The author refers to all of the following as characteristics of the Asiatic lion EXCEPT that .
- strong B. vulnerable C. vital D. impressive
Question 42: The passage is written to .
- persuade readers to protect the Asiatic lions
- explain why the Gir Sanctuary is the best habitat for the Asiatic lions
- describe the developmental history of the Gir Sanctuary
- provide an overview of the existence of the Asiatic lions
Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correctanswertoeachofthequestionsfrom 43 to 50.
If you enjoy water sports, Hawaii is the place for you. You can go swimming all year round in the warm water. You can go sport fishing from the shore or from a boat. If you like boats, you can go sailing, canoeing, or windsurfing. Or, you can also try some other water sports that are especially popular in Hawaii: surfing, snorkeling and scuba diving.
Surfing is a sport which started in Hawaii many years ago. The Hawaiians called it “he’e nalu”, which means “to slide on a wave”. If you want to try surfing, you need, first of all, to be a good swimmer. You also have to have an excellent sense of balance. You must swim out from the beach with your surfboard under your arm. When you get to where the waves begin to break, you wait for a calm moment. Then you try to stand up on the board. The wave will begin to rise under you. You must try to steer the board with your feet so you stay on top of the wave. The important thing is to keep your balance and not fall down. If you can manage this, you will have an exciting ride all the way in to the shore.
Scuba diving and snorkeling are two ways to get a close look at the beauty lying below the surface of the ocean. The waters off the Hawaiian Islands are clean, clear and
warm. They contain hundreds of kinds of colorful fish. The undersea world is made even more colorful by the coral reefs of red, gold, white and light purple. Among these reefs there may be larger fish or sea turtles.
Scuba diving allows you to see the most interesting undersea sights. “Scuba” means “Self- contained Underwater Breathing Apparatus”, that is, equipment for breathing and swimming around far under water. In Hawaii, you can take special courses to learn how to scuba dive. After the courses, you can get a certificate that will allow you to dive alone. Since it can be dangerous, proper instruction and great care are always necessary when you are scuba diving.
If you are adventurous, you might try snorkeling instead of scuba diving. Less equipment is needed, just a face mask, a breathing tube (snorkel) and flippers for your feet. It only takes a few minutes to learn how to snorkel. Although you cannot dive deep into the water, you can swim with your face below the surface. Breathing through the tube, you float on the surface, and keep yourself moving with your flippers. Even from the surface like this, there will be plenty of color and beauty to see.
Question 43: The passage is about .
- water sports around the world B. surfing
- tourist activities in Hawaii D. water sports in Hawaii
Question 44: You can infer from the passage that .
- water sports are all expensive
- you need to take a course for all water
- everyone can find a way to enjoy sports in the water
- swimming in Hawaii can be dangerous
Question 45: According to the passage, surfing .
- began as a sport in 1943 B. was invented by the native Hawaiians
- requires expensive equipment D. is very dangerous
Question 46: The water around the Hawaiian Islands is
- often quite cold B. full of colorful things to see
- usually very dark D. full of dangerous fish
Question 47: The word “this” in the second paragraph refers to
- standing on the board
- keeping balanced and not falling down
- an exciting ride
- staying on top of the wave
Question 48: According to the passage, scuba diving
- is an ancient Hawaiian water sport
- requires special equipment and training
- is the only way to see the fish underwater
- requires good balance
Question 49: The word “proper” in paragraph 4 refers to
- enthusiastic B. informative C. appropriate D. short and clear
Question 50: Which statement is supported by the information in the passage?
- Snorkeling involves breathing through the tube, floating on the surface and moving with flippers
- Snorkeling requires more expensive equipment than scuba diving
- Snorkeling is for adventurous people
- Snorkeling was invented in ancient times
Tham khảo thêm
- 11 Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh 2018 chọn lọc có đáp án (bản WORD)
- 20 Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh năm 2018 kì thi THPT Quốc Gia có đáp án
- 30 Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh 2018 chọn lọc có đáp án chi tiết (bản WORD)
- 21 Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh 2018 hay nhất có đáp án (bản WORD)
- 12 Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh 2018 mới nhất có đáp án chi tiết (bản WORD)
Thích Tiếng Anh chia sẻ “22 Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh 2018 có đáp án – cô Hoàng Xuân (bản WORD)“