Tài liệu tổng hợp các bài tập câu hỏi trắc nghiệm chuyên đề ngữ pháp và từ vựng, chọn lọc từ đề thi thử Tiếng Anh các trường THPT Chuyên và không Chuyên, bộ tài liệu có đáp án và giải thích chi tiết
Trích từ tài liệu
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the following questions.
+ Trích: THPT Thăng Long – Hà Nội
Question 5: My purse at the station while I for the train.
- must have been stolen/was waiting B. should have stolen/had been waiting
- will be stolen/am waiting D. had to steal/would be waiting
Question 6: The handwriting is completely . This note must have been written a long time ago.
- inedible B. indelible C. illegible D. unfeasible
Question 7: I suggest our rooms before Tet Holiday.
- should decorate B. is decorated C. were decorated D. be decorated
Question 8: The curriculum at this public school is as good _______ of any private school.
- as or better that B. as or better than that
- as or better than those D. better than
Question 9: – Daisy: “Are you ill? You look terrible!” – Liz: “Well, I am a bit . The doctor says I must rest.”
- run-up B. run-off C. run-out D. run-down
Question 10: He’d hardly finished doing his homework when you arrived, ?
- didn’t he B. had he C. would he D. hadn’t he
Question 11: he arrived at the bus stop when the bus came.
- Not until had B. No longer had C. Hardly had D. No sooner had Question 12: My mother often our mistakes, whereas my father is very strict and punishes us for even the slightest one.
- appreciates B. overlooks C. avoids D. enjoys
Question 13: Be sure to a real effort to answer all the questions the interviewer asks you.
- hide B. set C. train D. make
Question 14: We were made hard when we were at school.
- to study B. study C. studying D. studied
Question 15: Arranging flowers among my sister’s hobbies.
- were B. have been C. are D. is
Question 16: We regret to tell you that the materials you ordered are .
- out of stock B. out of reach C. out of work D. out of practice
Question 17: Laura didn’t enjoy her first year at college because she failed to her new friends.
- come in for B. look down on C. go down with D. get on with
Question 18: If it had not rained last night, the roads in the city so slippery now.
- must not be B. would not be
- could not have been D. would not have been
+ Trích: THPT Chuyên Thái Nguyên
Question 10. In most developed countries, up to 50% of population enters higher education at some time in their lives.
- the – Ø B. Ø – the C. Ø – Ø D. the-a
Question 11. The launch of the first liquid-fuelled rocket in 1926 ________ by flight historians _____as significant as the Wright Brothers’ flight.
- has considered/ to have been B. was considered/ being
- is considered/ to be D. is considered/ to have been
Question 12. Only three of the students in my class are girls; are all boys.
- the others B. other student C. others D. the other
Question 13. Although ____, he has been to more than 30 countries in the world and gained a lot of knowledge.
- his young age B. young C. his youth D. he was young
Question 14. To protect hackers, security experts advise longer passwords combinations of upper and lowercase letters, as well as numbers.
- from/to B. on/between C. against/in D. against/with
Question 15. The incredible thing about telephone ____________ across the continents, but that you can recognize the other person’s voice.
- is it provides instant talking to each other.
- is it allows people to talk instantly
- is not that people can instantly talk to each other
- is that people can talk instantly
Question 16. Jack has a collection of .
- old valuable Japanese postage stamps B. old Japanese valuable postage stamps
- valuable Japanese old postage stamps D. valuable old Japanese postage stamps
Question 17. There are _____that not only governments but also individuals should join hand to tackle.
- such a lot of environmental problems B. too numerous environmental problems
- so fewer environmental problems D. such many environmental problems
Question 18. To solve this problem, it is advisable .
- a drastic measure to be adopted B. that a drastic measure be adopted
- that a drastic measure is adopted D. that a drastic measure to be adopted
Question 19. She for her parents’ support during her university education, but she preferred to work part-time and support herself.
- must have asked B. could have asked C. should have asked D. ought to ask
Question 20. After the interview, don’t neglect the thank-you note or letter.
- follow-up B. turn-up C. start-up D. break-up
Question 21. the film’s director, Ben Affleck, was famously left off the 85th Oscar’s Best Director list of nominees surprised everyone.
- What B. Due to C. Although D. That
Question 22. The goal is to make higher education available to everyone who is will and capable _ his financial situation.
- regardless of B. owing to C. in terms of D. with reference to
Question 23. Timmy dropped the _________ on doing this task again because of his carelessness. I can’t stand him anymore.
- pin B. needle C. button D. ball