Tài liệu tổng hợp bài tập câu hỏi trắc nghiệm Tiếng Anh chọn lọc từ đề thi thử các trường THPT Chuyên và không Chuyên trên cả nước, tài liệu gồm các câu hỏi có đáp án và giải thich chi tiết
Trích từ đề thi
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word(s) OPPOSITE in meaning to the underlined bold word(s) in each of the following questions.
+ Trích: THPT Thăng Long – Hà Nội
Question 1: Never punish your children by hitting them. This might teach them to become hitters.
- bring B. reward C. give D. accept
Question 2: The first year at university was probably the most challenging year of her life, which caused her plenty of troubles.
- tricky B. tough C. difficult D. easy
+ Trích: Sở Bạc Liêu
Question 3. In Western culture, it is polite to maintain eye contact during conversation.
- informal B. insecure C. discourteous D. irresponsible
Question 4. There have been significant changes in women’s lives since the women’s liberation movement.
- controlled B. political C. disagreeable D. unimportant
+ Trích: THPT Chuyên Thái Nguyên
Question 5. Urbanization is the shift of people moving from rural to urban areas, and the result is the growth of cities.
- movement B. maintenance C. variation D. transposition
Question 6. Salish’s point of view was correct but his behavior with his father was quite impertinent.
- inadequate B. smooth C. healthy D. respectful
+ Trích: THPT Chuyên KHTN
Question 7: Telomeres are the tiny caps on the ends of chromosomes that protect our DNA from damage during cell division.
- guard B. shape C. attack D. save
Question 8: If you say bad things about the person who give a job you bite the hand that feeds you.
- be unfriendly B. be ungrateful C. be thankful D. be devoted
+ Trích: THPT Chuyên Bắc Ninh
Question 9: I prefer secure jobs because I don’t like keeping on moving and changing all the time.
- challenging B. demanding C. stable D. safe
Question 10: When he passes the entrance exam, his parents will be walking on air.
- extremely happy B. extremely light
- feeling extremely unhappy D. feeling extremely airy
+ Trích: THPT Yên Lạc 2 – Vĩnh Phúc
Question 11: Pointing at someone is considered rude in communication.
- impolite B. humorous C. polite D. generous
Question 12: This point has been dealt with the preceding paragraph.
- following B. heading C. previous D. before
+ Trích: THPT Đội Cấn
Question 13: The employee’s claim of being out with the flu did not seem very plausible because he returned from sick leave with a deep tan.
- tactful B. vulnerable C. inattentive D. unreasonable
Question 14: TEFL.com is a website which offers a job research facility to assist qualified students in finding work.
- help B. aid C. support D. hinder
+ Trích: THPT Chuyên Bắc Ninh – Lần 2
Question 15: Several chapters of Joan Steer’s book describe illegitimate gambling activities in California in the 1970s.
- lawful B. unusual C. prosperous D. prohibited
Question 16: We run a very tight ship here, and we expect all our employees to be at their desks by eight o’clock and take good care of their own business.
- have a good voyage B. organize things inefficiently
+ Trích: THPT Đồng Đậu – Vĩnh Phúc
Question 17: The US troops are using much more sophisticated weapons in the Far East.
- difficult B. expensive C. complicated D. simple