Tài liệu tổng hợp bài tập chọn từ đồng nghĩa trích từ đề thi thử Tiếng Anh các trường THPT Chuyên và khôn Chuyên trên cả nước, các câu hỏi trắc nghiệm có mức độ cơ bản và nâng cao kèm đáp án giải thích chi tiết.
Trích từ tài liệu
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word(s) CLOSEST in meaning to the underlined bold word(s) in each of the following questions.
+ Trích: THPT Thăng Long – Hà Nội
Question 1: We should find ways to improve our products in terms of quality and service.
- for considering aspects B. in spite of C. with a view to D. in regard to
Question 2: We really appreciate your help, without which we couldn’t have got our task done in time.
- depreciate B. are proud of C. feel thankful for D. request
+ Trích: Sở Bạc Liêu
Question 3. We can use either verbal or non-verbal forms of communication.
- posture B. Speech C. facial expressions D. gesture
Question 4. In my attempt to win a place at university, I am under a lot of pressure.
- strong influence B. difficulties C. allowance D. force
+ Trích: THPT Chuyên Thái Nguyên
Question 5. The expression “out of the frying pan and into the fire” means to go from one dilemma to a worse one.
- situation B. solution C. predicament D. embarrassement Question 6. With so many daily design resources, how do you stay-up-date with technology without spending too much time on it?
- get latest information B. connect to the Internet all day
- use social network daily D. update new status
+ Trích: THPT Chuyên KHTN
Question 7: Congo’s presidential election is hoped to enable the country’s first peaceful, democratic transfer of power since independence from Belgium in 1960.
- transplant B. removal C. conversion D. shifting
Question 8: We are having a surprise party for Susan next Saturday, so don’t give the secret away by saying anything to her.
- ask anyone to come B. tell her the secret
- go to the party D. find out the secret
+ Trích: THPT Chuyên Bắc Ninh
Question 9: When the Titanic crashed into the iceberg, the crew quickly sent out distress signals to alert nearby ships of the disaster and request their help.
- amusing B. strange C. bold D. help
Question 10: I’m all in favor of ambition but I think when he says he’ll be a millionaire by the time he’s 25, he’s simply crying for the moon.
- longing for what is beyond the reach B. asking for what is attainable
- doing something with vigor or intensity D. crying a lot and for a long time
+ Trích: THPT Yên Lạc 2 – Vĩnh Phúc
Question 11: Despite her cries, no one came to her assistance.
- help B. suggestion C. hindrance D. belief
Question 12: If it’s raining tomorrow, we’ll have to postpone the match till Sunday.
- play B. put off C. put away D. cancel
+ Trích: THPT Đội Cấn
Question 13: When being interviewed, you should concentrate on what the interviewer is saying or asking
- be interested in B. be related to C. pay all attention to D. express interest to
Question 14: Some 12th -grade students find sitting the entrance exam to be accepted into universities such a daunting process that they become depressed due to the level of stress.
- long-lasting B. comforting C. intimidating D. intriguing
+ Trích: THPT Chuyên Bắc Ninh – Lần 2
Question 15: Many parents may fail to recognize and respond to their children’s needs until frustration explodes into difficult or uncooperative behaviour.
- stays under pressure B. remains at an unchanged level
- suddenly becomes uncontrollable D. slowly reaches the boiling point