Tài liệu ôn tập chuẩn bị cho các đề kiếm tra, ôn thi Đại Học, tổng hợp các bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 12 Unit 8 bài Life In The Future theo chương trình SGK cũ, bao gồm các câu hỏi trắc nghiệm có đáp án và giải thích chi tiết, đầy đủ các chuyên đề như đọc hiểu, trọng âm, ngữ âm, ngữ pháp, từ vựng, sắp xếp câu, điền từ vào đoạn văn,…
Trích từ tài liệu
Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the following questions
Question 17: He showed me a photo of the museum _________ I had visited some months before.
- whom B. which C. what D. where
Question 18: _________ of all the staff, I would like to wish you a happy retirement.
- In place B. On account C. Instead D. On behalf
Question 19: – A: “You look nice in that red hat.” – B: “_________”
- I am interesting to hear that. B. It’s nice of you to say so.
- Oh, poor me. D. Am I ? Thanks.
Question 20: _________ down to dinner than the telephone rang again.
- Not only I sat B. No sooner I sat C. Not only had I sat D. No sooner had I sat
Question 21: Li has _________; he loves cakes, chocolate, ice-cream – anything which is sweet.
- a sweet mouth B. sweet lips C. a sweet tooth D. a sweet tongue
Question 22: The bank won’t lend you the money without some _________ that you will pay it back.
- profit B. interest C. guarantee D. charge
Question 23: Elderly people, _________ , require constant attention.
- many of whom are financially dependent on the government
- a large number’s depending on government aid
- and many of them depend on the government to finance them
- who are dependent many of them on the financing from the government
Question 24: Here _________.
- comes the teacher B. the teacher comes
- the teacher is coming D. is coming the teacher
Question 25: Feeling tired after a long day of hard work, __________.
- the housework was of no interest to me.
- my mother helped me with the housework.
- I asked my mother to help me with the housework.
- the housework was too much for me.
Question 26: If I were you, I would regard their offer with considerable __________ because it seems too good to be true.
- disbelief B. reservation C. doubt D. suspicion
Question 27: A: “Could you tell me how to get to the nearest post office?”
- Sorry for this convenient B. I have no clue.
- Not at all. D. Sorry, I’m a new comer here.
Question 28: If you don’t hurry, the train __________ without you.
- will leave B. will left C. leaves D. has left
Question 29: Now that they have read it in __________, they believe me.
- red and blue B. blue and red C. white and black D. black and white
Question 30; The boy always does his homework before class __________ be the teacher.
- so that not to be punished. B. so as not to be punished
- so as to be punished D. in order that not to be punished
Question 31: He is tired now. He __________ for a long time.
- learned B. learns C. has learned D. had been learning
Question 32: Under no circumstances __________ phone the police.
- you should B. shouldn’t you C. should you D. you shouldn’t
Question 33: – “Hello, I’d like to speak to Mrs. Smith.” – “__________”
- Who are you? B. Sure
- Hang on, please, I will put you through. D. Of course, you can.
Question 34: The children said that they __________ the game for about an hour __________.
- had just started/ago B. had just started/ before
- just started/ before D. just started/ ago
Question 35: I couldn’t believe that they were brothers. They were as different as __________.
- Mars from Jupiter B. chalk from cheese
- salt and sugar D. milk from honey
Question 36: Our country has large areas of __________ beauty.
- unhurt B. undamaged C. unharmed D. unspoilt
Question 37: It is raining __________ .
- cats and mice B. goats and sheep C. horses and goats D. cats and dogs
Question 38: “John always goes home before the party ends.” “He has a preference __________ leaving early.”
- to B. by C. for D. with
Question 39: I found it difficult to follow what was __________ because of the noise from the engine room.
- having said B. said C. being said D. saying
Question 40: He had spent __________ time writing an essay on his childhood.
- a great deal of B. a large number of
- a few D. many
Question 41: He hardly helps anybody, __________?
- hasn’t he B. has he C. doesn’t he D. does he