Dành cho các bạn học sinh lớp 12 ôn luyện kiến thức qua mỗi bài học trong chương trình SGK cũ, tài liệu tổng hợp các bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 12 Unit 9 bài Deserts bao gồm các câu hỏi trắc nghiệm có đáp án và giải thích chi tiết từ cơ bản đến nâng cao, ôn tập chuẩn bị cho các đề kiểm tra hay ôn đề thi Đại Học (THPT) hiệu quả
Trích từ tài liệu
Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word that differs from the rest in the position of the main stress in each of the following questions
Câu 1: A. commercial B. constructive C. essential D. national
Câu 2: A. copy B. remove C. notice D. cancel
Câu 3: A. curriculum B. economics C. hesitation D. calculation
Câu 4: A. solidarity B. organize C. represent D. academic
Câu 5: A. gorilla B. typical C. primary D. nursery
Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the following questions.
Câu 1: When I finish writing this composition, I’m going to ________and go to bed.
- make time B. hit the hay C. hit the big time D. call it a day
Câu 2: Sheila had butterflies in her ________ before the interview.
- face B. heart C. palms D. stomach
Câu 3: After a lengthy debate, the spokesman announced the board had ________ an unanimous conclusion.
- committed B. solved C. reached D. compromised
Câu 4: Andrew was ________ enough on becoming a professional singer and he didn’t want to listen to anybody else’s advice.
- intent B. eager C. definite D. certain
Câu 5: Of all the paintings in the gallery, it was this one that really _______ my eye.
- grasped B. snatched C. caught D. seized
Câu 6: I thought that your ________ of that problem was excellent.
- handling B. conduct C. running D. approach
Câu 7: He couldn’t stop to chat with her because he was really ________ for time
- pushed B. rushed C. restricted D. strained
Câu 8: This leather bag is a real bargain! It’s ________ cheap!
- bun B. dirt C. banana D. waste
Câu 9: It was the co-pilot of Germanwings Flight 9525__________ purposely crashed the plane into the French Alps, killing all 150 people on board
- which B. that C. whom D. whose
Câu 10: Janet: “Do you feel like going to the cinema this evening?” – Susan: “______.”
- I don’t agree, I’m afraid B. You’re welcome
- That would be great D. I feel very bored
Câu 11: If she is late for school again. She’ll be_______ a severe warning from her teacher
- up to B. in for C. into D. after
Câu 12: Laura: “What a lovely house you have!” Maria: “_______.”
- Of course not, it’s not costly. B. Thank you. Hope you will drop in.
- I think so. D. No problem.
Câu 13: Peter: “When can you get it all done? ” Mike: “________”.
- “How does next Monday sound? B. Two hours ago
- I used to do it on Monday D. How much time do I need?
Câu 14: Increasing ______ of fruit in the diet may help to reduce the risk of heart disease.
- the amount B. an amount C. the number D. a number
Câu 15: – “Why wasn’t your boyfriend at the party last night?” – “He ______ the lecture at Shaw Hall. I know he very much wanted to hear the speaker.”
- should have attended B. can have attended
- was to attend D. may have attended
Câu 16: That hotel is so expensive. They ______ you sixty pounds for bed and breakfast.
- charge B. fine C. take D. cost
Câu 17: “Jane didn’t look well today, did she? “ -“______”.
- I am afraid not B. No, she seemed ill
- Yes, she seemed sick D. A and B
Câu 18: __________ rising public opinion over the years, the Ministry of Education has announced that from 2015 on, students only have to sit for one complete examination, and results from those exams will be used for both high school graduation and University acceptance
- As response with B. With a response to
- As a response to D. In response to
Câu 19: Exelsior Corporation and Tristone Industries are famed for their outstanding satellite communications system but ______ of them are reasonably priced
- both B. neither C. all D. either
Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word or phrase that is CLOSEST in meaning to the underlined part in each of the following questions.
Câu 1: People are more susceptible to heart attacks in the first few hours after waking.
- affected by B. aware of C. prone to D. accustomed to
Câu 2: She told him she had spent all her savings but he didn’t bat an eyelid.
- didn’t want to see B. didn’t show surprise
- wasn’t happy D. wasn’t happy
Câu 3: After many year of unsuccessfully endeavoring to form his own orchestra, Glenn Miller finally achieved world fame in 1939 as a big band leader.
- offering B. requesting C. trying D. deciding