Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh do Sở GD-ĐT Bạc Liêu tổ chức thi năm học 2018 – 2019 có đáp án và giải thích chi tiết
Trích từ đề thi
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the following questions.
Question 1: In most developed countries, up to 50% of population enters higher education at some time in their lives.
- the / Ø B. Ø / Ø C. the / the D. Ø / the
Question 2: But for his kind support, I .
- would not have succeeded B. did not succeed
- had not succeeded D. would succeed
Question 3: – Jean: “Why didn’t you tell me about the plans for the merge?”
– Jack: “I would have told you .”
- if you asked me to B. had you asked me to
- you had asked to me D. you were asking me
Question 4: This year, so far, we 28,000 dollars and are still counting.
- are raising B. have been raised C. have raised D. raised
Question 5: It is now over seventy years since Lindbergh across the Atlantic.
- has been flying B. flew C. had flown D. has flown
Question 6: All applications to courses at tertiary institutions are made through UCAS, a central agency UK universities and colleges of higher education.
- standing for B. instead of C. on behalf of D. representative of
Question 7: Books are still a cheap to get knowledge and entertainment.
- means B. way C. method D. measure
Question 8: Galileo proved that the earth round the sun.
- goes B. went C. is going D. was going
Question 9: Getting promotion also means getting more .
- responsibility B. ability C. advisability D. creativity
Question 10: Fire engines and ambulances have over other traffic.
- prior B. priority C. before D. precedence
Question 11: By the end of last March, I English for five years.
- had been studied B. had been studying
- will have been studying D. will have studied
Question 12: he hasn’t had any formal qualifications, he has managed to do very well.
- Despite B. Although C. If D. Whereas
Question 13: We are considering having for the coming lunar New Year.
- redecorated our flat B. our flat redecorated
- to redecorate our flat D. our flat to be redecorated
Question 14: Tim looks so frightened and upset. He something terrible.
- must experience B. ought to have experienced
- should have experienced D. must have experienced
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word that differs from the other three in the position of primary stress in each of the following questions.
|Question 15:||A. certificate||B. compulsory||C. remember||D. information|
|Question 16:||A. administrative||B. productivity||C. electricity||D. opportunity|
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word whose underlined part differs from the other three in pronunciation in each of the following questions from 20 to 21.
|Question 17:||A. decided||B. hatred||C. sacred||D. warned|
|Question 18:||A. manufacture||B. mature||C. pasture||D. agriculture|
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word(s) CLOSEST in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.
Question 19: Did she get the better of you in the argument?
- try to beat B. gain a disadvantage over
- gain an advantage over D. try to be better than
Question 20: I didn’t go to work this morning. I stayed at home due to the morning rain.
- thanks to B. on account of C. in spite of D. in addition to