Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh 2019 trường THPT Chuyên Bắc Ninh tổ chức thi lần 3 có đáp án và giải thích chi tiết, để thi có nhiều câu hỏi khó hay bám sát đề thi chính thức của bộ GD-ĐT.
Trích từ đề thi
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the sentence that best combines each pair of sentences in the following questions from 1 to 2.
Question 1: Why did Danny decide to enter the marathon? Danny’s totally unfit.
- Why did Danny, whose total unfit, decide to enter the marathon?
- Why did Danny decide to enter the marathon, who’s totally unfit?
- Why did Danny, who’s totally unfit, decide to enter the marathon?
- Why did Danny decide to enter the marathon who’s totally unfit?
Question 2: His academic record at high school was poor. He failed to apply to that prestigious university.
- His academic record at high school was poor as a result of his failure to apply to that prestigious university.
- Failing to apply to that prestigious university, his academic record at high school was
- His academic record at high school was poor because he didn’t apply to that prestigious
- His academic record at high school was poor, as a result, he failed to apply to that prestigious university.
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the underlined part that needs correction in each of the following questions.
Question 3: To turn on the light, I was surprised at what I was.
- To turn on B. was C. at D. what
Question 4: She worked hard so everything would be ready in time.
- be B. in C. so D. worked
Question 5: The detailed study of fossils, rather like a crime investigation, it involves the piecing together of many diverse fragments of evidence.
- the piecing B. it C. detailed study D. of many diverse
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word(s) OPPOSITE in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.
Question 6: You’re 25 years old, but you still haven’t cut the apron strings.
- become independent B. bought a new house
- relied on others D. started doing well
Question 7: The speaker was asked to condense his presentation in order to allow his audiences have time to ask questions.
- cut short B. talk briefly C. make longer D. give details
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the following questions from 8 to 19.
Question 8: That sounds like a good offer. I it if I you.
- would accept – were B. accepted – would be
- accept – will be D. will accept – were
Question 9: The smell of the sea him _____to his childhood.
- brought … back B. took … back C. reminded … of D. called … off
Question 10: The babysitter has told Billy’s parents about his behavior and how he starts acting act as soon as they leave home.
- meditation – seeking B. focus – seeking
- concentration – seeking D. attention – seeking
Question 11: I didn’t hear you come in last night. You very quiet.
- should have been B. could have
- must have been D. must be
Question 12: I wouldn’t like to be a senior manager. You have to a lot of responsibility.
- suggest B. carry C. convey D. bear
Question 13: If you have something important , you’d better say it aloud rather than whispering to each other.
- saying B. to say C. to saying D. say
Question 14: It is claimed that new nuclear power plants _____to be safer than the current ones are soon built.
- to design B. designing C. designed D. are designed
Question 15: Project-based learning provides wonderful opportunities for students to develop their .
- creativity B. create C. creative D. creatively
Question 16: I’ve never really enjoyed going to the ballet or the opera; they’re not really my .
- sweets and candy B. biscuit C. piece of cake D. cup of tea
Question 17: of the financial crisis, all they could do was hold on and hope that things would improve.
- On the top B. At the height C. In the end D. At the bottom
Question 18: When he us to go in, we outside the exam room for over half and hour.
- let – are standing B. let – have stood
- let – had been standing D. let – have been standing
Question 19: Modern skyscrapers have got a steel skeleton of beams and columns that forms a three- dimensional grid, ___?
- do they B. do it C. does it D. haven’t they