Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh năm học 2018 – 2019 do trường THPT Chuyên Lê Thánh Tổng tỉnh Quảng Nam tổ chức thi, đề thi có đáp án và giải thích chi tiết tham khảo.
Trích từ đề thi
Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct word or phrase that best fits each of the numbered blanks from 1 to 5.
Drone racing is an exciting new sport, that has become popular faster than (1)_ other sport before it. Pilots steer small and lightweight, but high-powered drones along courses with obstacles. They fly through gates and around flags at speeds of over a hundred miles an hour.
They control the drones using VR-like headgear. Every drone has a camera (2)_ to it so that spectators can also view flights either on a big screen or with special headgear.
The races take place either outdoors – in big stadiums, or indoors in old warehouses and sports arenas. (3) _ are short because the battery time of drones is limited.
(4) drone racing started only a few years ago there are already international competitions that take place all over the world. In professional leagues, drone pilots compete for thousands of dollars. In March, the World Drone Prix was staged in Dubai. A 16-year old British teenager not only one the race but also received a prize money of 250 000 dollars.
Television and other media have become aware of drone racing. ESPN, an American sports channel, will be broadcasting international drone races starting this August. Races are also recorded and uploaded to YouTube and other video platforms (5) they can be viewed over and over again.
Question 1: A. no B. none C. neither D. not
Question 2: A. linked B. attached C. taken D. connected Question 3: A. Competitors B. Competitions C. Compete D. Competitiveness
Question 4: A. However B. Moreover C. Although D. Because Question 5: A. where B. that C. if D. as
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the following questions.
Question 6: On being told about her sack, .
- her boss felt sorry for Mary B. Mary was shocked
- Mary’s face turned pale D. her boss changed his attitude
Question 7: Now, don’t tell anyone else what I have just told you. Remember it is .
- confidential B. confident C. confidence D. confidant
Question 8: He bought three shirts; one for him and for his children.
- others B. the other C. another D. the others
Question 9: Let me please my memory before I get down to answering the questions.
- resume B. ease C. awake D. refresh
Question 10: This is the most difficult job I’ve ever had to do.
- by heart B. by chance C. by far D. by myself
Question 11: non-verbal language is ____important aspect of interpersonal communication.
- The – a B. ø – an C. A – the D. The – ø
Question 12: Solar energy is not widely used it is friendly to the environment
- since B. although C. despite D. because
Question 13: The sign warns people the dangers of swimming in this river.
- about B. against C. to D. from
Question 14: They always kept on good with their next-door neighbors for the children’s sake.
- terms B. friendship C. relationship D. words
Question 15: her fiction describes women in unhappy marriage.
- Many of B. A large number of C. Much of D. A few of
Question 16: Jane would never forget the first prize in such a prestigious competition.
- to have awarded B. to be awarded C. having awarded D. being awarded
Question 17: Drinking too much alcohol is said to harm to our health
- do B. make C. lead D. take
Question 18: I’m said to be my brother is.
- nowhere like so ambitious as B. nothing near as ambitious as
- nothing as ambitious as D. nowhere near as ambitious as
Question 19: I feel terrible, I didn’t sleep last night.
- a jot B. a wink C. an inch D. an eye
Mark the letter A, B, C, or Don your answer sheet to indicate the word whose underlined part differs from the other three in pronunciation in each of the following questions.
|Question 20:||A. half||B. calm||C. chalk||D. culture|
|Question 21:||A. decorate||B. passionate||C. undergraduate||D. temperate|
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word that differs from the other three in the position of primary stress in each of the following questions.
Question 22: A. conceal B. contain C. conserve D. conquer
Question 23: A. technology B. environment C. superstition D. predominance