Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh năm học 2018 – 2019 do trường THPT Chuyên Thái Bình tổ chức thi lần 3 có đáp án và giải thích chi tiết
Trích từ đề thi
I. Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word that differs from the pronunciation in each of the following questions.
Question 1. A. comment B. complain C. collect D. comply
Question 2. A. amused B. composed C. decreased D. advised
II. Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word that differs from the rest in the position of the main stress in each of the following questions.
Question 3. A. currency B. committee C. mineral D. exercise
Question 4. A. observe B. locate C. deduct D. visit
III. Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the following questions.
Question 5. Efforts are underway to protect endangered species from further human , but in many areas it is already too late.
- deterioration B. depredation C. habitation D. administration
Question 6. Many teachers suggest that final examinations be , an innovation I heartily support.
- discontinuous B. discontinued C. discontinuity D. discontinuously Question 7. Apparently, science, mathematics, and technology are defined as much by what they do and how they do it as they are by ___results they achieve.
- the / Ø B. Ø / the C. Ø / Ø D. the / Ø
Question 8. Environmental groups try to stop farmers from using harmful on their crops.
- contaminants B. investments C. chemicals D. pollutants
Question 9. Youth Unemployment Rate in Vietnam to 7.29 percent in the third quarter of 2018 from 7.10 percent in the second quarter of 2018.
- increase B. was increasing C. increased D. had increased
Question 10. It’s no use make him his mind.
- trying to/ change B. to try/ change
- trying to/ to change D. trying to/ changing
Question 11. For centuries people have regarded oceans an inexhaustible supply of food, a useful transport route, and a convenient dumping ground – simply too vast to be affected by anything we do.
- with B. by C. of D. as
Question 12. ____stress is thought to be linked in some way to all of the risk factors, intense research continues in the A hope of further comprehending why and how heart failure is triggered.
- By means of B. Though C. Despite D. Due to
Question 13. The poor man was driven from for justice, but his efforts were of no avail.
- pillar to post B. top to bottom C. stem to stern D. hand to mouth Question 14. You should be very glad that he didn’t recognize you yesterday. Can you imagine his anger if he ?
- did B. would C. does D. had
Question 15. , follow the signs for „Arrivals’ unless you are transferring to another plane at the same airport.
- On arrival at the airport B. When arrive at the airport
- That you arrive at the airport D. To arrive at the airport
Question 16. The doctor gave her a check-up so as to discover the cause of her breakdown.
- universal B. widespread C. thorough D. whole
Question 17. by mosquitoes, we wished that we had made hotel, not campsite, reservations.
- As eaten B. Eaten C. That we were eaten D. When eaten
Question 18. She is extremely about her career. She would like to be a CEO.
- absent-minded B. fair-minded C. high-minded D. single-minded