Đề thi thử môn Tiếng Anh năm 2019 do trường THPT Chuyên Thái Bình tổ chức thi, đề thi có đáp án và giải thích 50 câu hỏi trắc nghiệm, theo cấu trúc đề thi mẫu của bộ GD-ĐT.
Trích từ đề thi
Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word that differs from the pronunciation in each of the following questions.
Question 1. A. comment B. complain C. collect D. comply
Question 2. A. amused B. composed C. decreased D. advised
Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word that differs from the rest in the position of the main stress in each of the following questions.
Question 3. A. currency B. committee C. mineral D. exercise
Question 4. A. observe B. locate C. deduct D. visit
III. Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the following questions.
Question 5. Efforts are underway to protect endangered species from further human ________, but in many areas it is already too late.
- deterioration B. depredation C. habitation D. administration
Question 6. Many teachers suggest that final examinations be ____, an innovation I heartily support.
- discontinuous B. discontinued C. discontinuity D. discontinuously
Question 7. Apparently, ______ science, mathematics, and technology are defined as much by what they do and how they do it as they are by _____ results they achieve.
- the / Ø B. Ø / the C. Ø / Ø D. the / Ø
Question 8. Environmental groups try to stop farmers from using harmful _____ on their crops.
- contaminants B. investments C. chemicals D. pollutants
Question 9. Youth Unemployment Rate in Vietnam _______ to 7.29 percent in the third quarter of 2018 from 7.10 percent in the second quarter of 2018.
- increase B. was increasing C. increased D. had increased
Question 10. It’s no use ____ make him _____ his mind.
- trying to/ change B. to try/ change
- trying to/ to change D. trying to/ changing
Question 11. For centuries people have regarded oceans _____ an inexhaustible supply of food, a useful transport route, and a convenient dumping ground – simply too vast to be affected by anything we do.
- with B. by C. of D. as
Question 12. _______ stress is thought to be linked in some way to all of the risk factors, intense research continues in the A hope of further comprehending why and how heart failure is triggered.
- By means of B. Though C. Despite D. Due to
Question 13. The poor man was driven from ______ for justice, but his efforts were of no avail.
- pillar to post B. top to bottom C. stem to stern D. hand to mouth
Question 14. You should be very glad that he didn’t recognize you yesterday. Can you imagine his anger if he ______ ?
- did B. would C. does D. had
Question 15. _______ , follow the signs for „Arrivals’ unless you are transferring to another plane at the same airport.
- On arrival at the airport B. When arrive at the airport
- That you arrive at the airport D. To arrive at the airport
Question 16. The doctor gave her a ______ check-up so as to discover the cause of her breakdown.
- universal B. widespread C. thorough D. whole
Question 17. _____ by mosquitoes, we wished that we had made hotel, not campsite, reservations.
- As eaten B. Eaten C. That we were eaten D. When eaten
Question 18. She is extremely _____ about her career. She would like to be a CEO.
- absent-minded B. fair-minded C. high-minded D. single-minded
- Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word(s) CLOSEST in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.
Question 19. The film was taken apart on the grounds that it glorifies violence.
- greatly admired B. excellently cast C. badly reviewed D. criticized severely
Question 20. Efforts by the government agency to improve its work were hampered by lack of funds.
- hindered B. assisted C. encouraged D. endangered
- Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word(s) OPPOSITE in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.
Question 21. On hearing the proposal of the project, all staff threw cold water on his initial plans, which caused him a complete upset.
- disagreed with him about his initial plans B. turned down his initial plans
- gave his initial plans great support D. sponsored him with initial plans
Question 22. Although more and more companies are beginning to accept bitcoins, the percentage of purchases made using bitcoins is minuscule compared to other online payment methods.
- huge B. fixed C. minute D. low
Mark the letter A. B. C. or D on your answer sheer to indicate the most suitable response to complete each of the following exchanges.
Question 23. Two friends are talking about their evening plans.
– Janet: “______ ”
– Susan: “What a shame!”
- I am afraid I disagree with you. B. Shall we eat out tonight?
- I’m afraid I can’t come with you tonight. D. Would you like to go with me tonight?
Question 24. A customer is talking to the salesman.
– Customer: “Excuse me, could you tell me where the vegetable section is?”
– Salesman: “ ________”
- Would you like a half pound of vegetables? B. Well, you are a vegetarian, aren’t you?
- I’m sorry; they are not very fresh today! D. It’s on aisle 8, next to the fruit section!