Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh năm 2019 do trường THPT Chuyên Thái Nguyên tổ chức thi lần 1 có đáp án và giải thích chi tiết.
Trích từ đề thi
Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct word or phrase that best fits each of the numbered blanks.
“Parents today want their kids spending time on things that can bring them success, but (1) _____, we’ve stopped doing one thing that’s actually been a proven predictor of success-and that’s household chores,” says Richard Rende, a (2) _____ psychologist in Paradise Valley, Ariz, and co- author of forthcoming book “Raising Can-Do Kids.” Decades of studies show the benefits of chores- academically, emotionally and even professionally. Giving children household chores at an early age (3) _____ to build a lasting sense of mastery, responsibility and self-reliance, according to research by Marty Rossmann, professor emeritus at the University of Minnesota. In 2002, Dr. Rossmann analyzed data from a longitudinal study (4) _____ followed 84 children across four periods in their lives-in preschool, around ages 10 and 15, and in their mid-20s. She found that young adults who began chores at ages 3 and 4 were more likely to have good relationships with family and friends, to achieve academic and early career success and to be self-sufficient, as (5) _____ with those who didn’t have chores or who started them as teens. Chores also teach children how to be empathetic and responsive to others’ needs, notes psychologist Richard Weissbourd of the Harvard Graduate School of Education.
(Adapted from http://www.wsj.com/articles/why-children-need-chores)
|Question 1.||A. ironically||B. especially||C. brutally||D. bitterly|
|Question 2.||A. develop||B. developing||C. developed||D. developmental|
|Question 3.||A. help||B. helps||C. helped||D. has helped|
|Question 4.||A. whom||B. that||C. what||D. when|
|Question 5.||A. compared||B. compare||C. comparing||D. to compare|
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word whose underlined part differs from the other three in pronunciation in each of the following questions.
|Question 6.||A. link||B . handkerchief||C. donkey||D. handful|
|Question 7.||A. mineral||B. miniature||C. minor||D. minimum|
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word that differs from the other three in the position of primary stress in each of the following questions.
Question 8. A. impatient B. arrogant C. familiar D. uncertain Question 9. A. forgettable B. philosophy C. humanism D. objectively
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the following questions.
Question 10. In most developed countries, up to 50% of population enters higher education at some time in their lives.
- the – Ø B. Ø – the C. Ø – Ø D. the-a
Question 11. The launch of the first liquid-fuelled rocket in 1926 by flight historians_____as significant as the Wright Brothers’ flight.
- has considered/ to have been B. was considered/ being
- is considered/ to be D. is considered/ to have been
Question 12. Only three of the students in my class are girls; are all boys.
- the others B. other student C. others D. the other
Question 13. Although ____, he has been to more than 30 countries in the world and gained a lot of knowledge.
- his young age B. young C. his youth D. he was young
Question 14. To protect hackers, security experts advise longer passwords
combinations of upper and lowercase letters, as well as numbers.
- from/to B. on/between C. against/in D. against/with
Question 15. The incredible thing about telephone across the continents, but that you can recognize the other person’s voice.
- is it provides instant talking to each
- is it allows people to talk instantly
- is not that people can instantly talk to each other is that people can talk instantly
Question 16. Jack has a collection of .
- old valuable Japanese postage stamps B. old Japanese valuable postage stamps
- valuable Japanese old postage stamps D. valuable old Japanese postage stamps
Question 17. There are _____that not only governments but also individuals should join hand to tackle.
- such a lot of environmental problems B. too numerous environmental problems
- so fewer environmental problems D. such many environmental problems
Question 18. To solve this problem, it is advisable .
- a drastic measure to be adopted B. that a drastic measure be adopted
- that a drastic measure is adopted D. that a drastic measure to be adopted
Question 19. She for her parents’ support during her university education, but she preferred to work part-time and support herself.
- must have asked B. could have asked C. should have asked D. ought to ask
Question 20. After the interview, don’t neglect the thank-you note or letter.
- follow-up B. turn-up C. start-up D. break-up
Question 21. the film’s director, Ben Affleck, was famously left off the 85th Oscar’s Best Director list of nominees surprised everyone.
- What B. Due to C. Although D. That
Question 22. The goal is to make higher education available to everyone who is will and capable _ his finacial situation.
- regardless of B. owing to C. in terms of D.with reference to Question 23. Timmy dropped the on doing this task again because of his carelessness. I can’t stand him anymore.
- pin B. needle C. botton D. ball
Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the questions.
The food we eat seems to have profound effects on our health. Although science has made enormous steps in making food more fit to eat, it has, at the same time, made many foods unfit to eat. Some research has shown that perhaps eighty percent of all human illnesses are related to diet and forty percent of cancer is related to the diet as well, especially cancer of the colon.
People of different cultures are more prone to contact certain illnesses because of the characteristic foods they consume.
That food is related to illness is not a new discovery. In 1945, government researchers realized that nitrates nitrites (commonly used to preserve color in meat) as well as other food additives caused cancer. Yet, these carcinogenic additives remain in our food, and it becomes more difficult all the time to know which ingredients on the packaging label of processed food are helpful or harmful.
The additives that we eat are not all so direct. Farmers often give penicillin to cattle and poultry, and because of this, penicillin has been found in the milk of treated cows.
Sometimes similar drugs are administered to animals not for medical purposes, but for financial reasons. The farmers are simply trying to fatten the animals in order to obtain a higher price on the market. Although the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has tried repeatedly to control these procedures, the practices continue.
A healthy diet is directly related to good health. Often we are unaware of detrimental substances we ingest. Sometimes well-meaning farmers or others who do not realize the consequences add these substances to food without our knowledge.
Question 24. How has science done to disservice to people?
- Because of science, disease caused by contaminated food has been virtually
- The scientists have preserved the color of meats, but not of vegetables.
- It caused a lack of information concerning the value of
- As a result of scientific intervention, some potentially harmful substances have been added to our food.
Question 25. The word “prone” is nearest meaning to .
- supine B. unlikely C. healthy D. predisposed
Question 26. All of the following statements are TRUE except .
- Food may cause forty percent of the cancer in the world
- Drug are always given to animals for medical reasons
- Researchers have known about the potential hazard of food additives for more than 45 years
- Some of the additives in our food are added to the food itself and some are given to the living animals
Question 27. The word “additives” is closest meaning to .
- dangerous substance B. natural substance
- begin substance D. added substance
Question 28. What is best title for this passage?
- The food you eat can affect your health B. Harmful and Harmless substances in food
- Avoiding injurious substances in food D. Improving health through a Natural Diet