Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh năm 2019 do trường THPT Chuyên Đại Học Vinh tổ chức thi lần 3 có đáp án để các bạn tham khảo.
Trích từ đề thi
Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the following questions.
Question 1: I could tell from the _____ look on his face that something strange _____
- surprising/ had happened surprised/ would happen
- surprising/ had been happening surprised/ happened
Question 2: I hope the soft skills course starts this term. We are all as keen as ___ to get going.
- Coffee a gigolo C. mustard D. cornflakes
Question 3: The lecturer asked one of his students ______ his assignment or not.
- whether he finishes if he had finished.
- whether he had finished D. if he finished
Question 4: It cost me a fortune, but I don’t regret ______ a year travelling around the world.
- to spend B. spending C. spent D. have spent
Question 5: Such ______ that he would stop at nothing.
- his ambition was B. was his ambition
- ambitious was he D. he was ambitious
Question 6: Wood that has been specially treated is _____ regular wood.
- water resistant much more than B. more than water resistant
- much more water resistant than D. as water resistant much more than
Question 7: The old man has recently purchased a ______ cottage on the outskirts of town.
- charming, Chinese 19th – century stone B. stone 19th – century charming Chinese
- 19th – century charming stone Chinese D. charming 19th – century Chinese stone
Question 8: A golden handshake may have a _____ effect when one is dealt with the blow of redundancy.
- cushioning B. carpeting C. pillowing D. curtaining
Question 9: In a formal debate, the same _____ of persons speaks for each team, and both teams are granted an equal _____ of time to make their argument.
- number/ amount B. amount/ number
- number/ number D. amount/ amount
Question 10: The widely-publicized demonstration did not after all _______
- go off B. come off C. get on D. break out
Question 11: According to ____ National Weather Service, _____ cyclones are _____ areas of circulating winds that rotate counterclockwise in _____ Northern Hemisphere and clockwise in _____ Southern Hemisphere.
- the/ ∅/the/ ∅/ ∅ B. the/ ∅ / ∅ /an/the
- the/ ∅ / ∅ /the/the D. ∅ / ∅ /the/the/the
Question 12: I can’t believe Mr. Jackson sent us a check for $100.000, I wish _____ get better acquainted with him the day he was there.
- we are able to B. we had able to
- we were able to D. we had been able to
Question 13: _____ had the restaurant opened ____ people were flocking to eat there.
- hardly/that B. scarcely/when C. no sooner/then D. no sooner/when
Question 14: Peter always takes a map with him _____ he loses his way.
- if B. so that C. in case D. so
Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the sentences that is closest in meaning to each of the following questions.
Question 15: Despite his brilliance, he couldn’t solve the math puzzle.
- He couldn’t solve the math puzzle, though he wasn’t brilliant.
- He was brilliant, but he couldn’t solve the math puzzle.
- He wasn’t brilliant, but he could solve the math puzzle.
- He couldn’t solve the math puzzle, so he was brilliant.
Question 16: Had the announcement been made earlier, more people would have attended workshop.
- Since the announcement was not made earlier, fewer people came to attend the workshop.
- Fewer people came to attend the workshop because of the early announcement
- The workshop was held so late that few people attended it.
- The workshop was held earlier so that more people would attend
Question 17: People think that Alexander Graham Bell invented the telephone in 1915.
- The telephone thought to be invented by Alexander Graham Bell in 1915.
- It is thought that Alexander Graham Bell had invented the telephone in 1915.
- Alexander Graham Bell is thought to invent the telephone in 1915.