Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh năm 2019 do trường THPT Chuyên Vĩnh Phúc tổ chức thi lần 3, đề thi có đáp án và giải thích chi tiết.
Trích từ đề thi
Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word that differs from the rest in the pronunciation of the underlined part in each of the following questions.
|Question 1:||A. punctual||B. rubbish||C. frustrate||D. furious|
|Question 2:||A. rough||B. laugh||C. cough||D. plough|
Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word that differs from the other three in the position of the primary stress in each of the following questions.
|Question 3:||A. mailbox||B. manner||C. mature||D. summer|
|Question 4:||A. generous||B. genuine||C. kangaroo||D. fortunate|
Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word(s) CLOSEST in meaning to the underlined part(s) in each of the following questions.
Question 5: I’ll not stand for your bad attitude any longer.
- care B. like C. tolerate D. mean
Question 6: “You’ve eaten all the chocolate cake?” – “What of it?”
- What does it matter? B. What’s happened to it?
- Where is the rest? D. You mean I’ve eaten all of it?
Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word(s) OPPOSITE in meaning to the underlined part(s) in each of the following questions.
Question 7: On the spur of the moment, she decided to enter the race that she had come to watch.
- Without previous thought B. For only a short time
- After careful thought D. At the earliest possible moment
Question 8: Most of the guests at the dinner party chose to dress elegantly, but one man wore jeans and a T–shirt; he was later identified as a high school teacher.
- gracefully B. decently C. gaudily D. unsophisticatedly Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to show the underlined part that needs correction. Question 9. Without speaking other word, I stared at the ridges of sand in the moonlight.
- stared at B. in C. without D. other
Question 10: Not until the late Middle Ages glass became a major construction material.
- major B. the late C. Not D. glass became Question 11: The best defense against tsunamis are early warning that allows people to seek higher ground.
- ground B. against C. are D. seek
Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the following questions.
Question 12: We were lucky to be able to finish the project ahead schedule.
- by B. before C. of D. for
Question 13: I don’t feel like buying a in a poke; we’d better check the content.
- ox B. pig C. buffalo D. cattle
Question 14: I don’t know what it to be as popular with girls as my brother is.
- uses B. takes C. demands D. expects
Question 15: I caught of a lion lying under the tree, and my heart jumped.
- look B. sight C. scene D. view
Question 16: I was most of his efforts to help me during the crisis.
- appreciative B. appreciable C. appreciation D. appreciate
Question 17: The phone constantly since Jack won the first prize this morning.
- had been ringing B. has been ringing C. had rung D. rang
Question 18: My neighbour is ____ photographer; Let’s ask him for ____advice about color film.
- a – the B. the – an C. a – Ø D. the – the
Question 19: TV advertising in the late afternoon tends to young children.
- aim B. point C. focus D. target
Question 20: Compressed air the power to drive pneumatic tools.
- providing B. to provide C. which provides D. provides
Question 21: I asked Angela to run the office while I’m gone I know I can depend on her.
- since B. unless C. although D. therefore
Question 22: Why don’t you just say you calling him a fool and make things up?
- pity B. mercy C. sorry D. regret
Question 23: Most folk songs are ballads have simple words and tell simple stories.
- what B. that C. although D. when
Question 24: Most of the in this workshop do not work very seriously or productively.
- eager beavers B. old hand C. rank and file D. tooth and nail Question 25: Amber is a hard, yellowish brown from the resin of pine–trees that lived millions of years ago.
A. substance formed B. forming a substance C. substance has formed D. to form a substance