Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh năm 2019 do sở GD-ĐT Hà Nội tổ chức thi, đề thi mã 016, đề thi có đáp án để các bạn và thầy cô tham khảo, đề được đánh giá bám sát với đề thi chính thức của bộ GD-ĐT môn Tiếng Anh.
Trích từ đề thi
Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word that differs from the other three in the position of primary stress in each of the following questions.
Question 1: A. interior B. miserable C. questionable D. criticize
Question 2: A. interpret B. consequence C. profession D. objective
Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word whose underlined part differs
from the other three in pronunciation in each of the following questions.
Question 3: A.advance B. advertise C. advent D. adverb
Question 4: A. practiced B. subscribed C. searched D. increased
Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the following question.
Question 5: I assume that you are acquainted ___________ this subject since you are responsible ________ writing the accompanying materials
- to/for B. with/for C.to/to D. with/for
Question 6: “Don’t _____ to phone Mrs. Whiteman. I’ve already talked to her about the upcoming meeting held by the board of directors.” Said Mary
- bother B. mind C. mention D. concern
Question 7: If he _________ ill yesterday, he would have taken part in the football match.
- hasn’t been B. wouldn’t be C. weren’t D. hadn’t been
Question 8: This class, ______ is a prerequisite for microbiology, is so difficult that I would rather drop it.
- when B. that C. where D. which
Question 9: I am interested in ______ for the position of chief financial officer which was advertised in yesterday’s Daily Post.
- demanding B. requesting C. asking D. applying
Question 10: _________, the meeting stops now. Please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions later.
- Without any question, so B. There being no question
- If no question asked D. With no question to ask
Question 11: We are all too _____ of traditions in our modern world, but they can have a very strong impact on us
- dismissal B. dismissing C. dismissive D. dismissed
Question 12: He is ________ he has bought a lot of houses in this area.
- such rich a man that B. as rich a man that
- so a rich man that D. so rich a man that
Question 13: People should _______ green lifestyle to help conserve the natural resources.
- adjust B. adopt C. adapt D. adjoin
Question 14: _________, cars are widely used as the most popular mode of transport in the United States.
- Regardless their high price B. As though they are expensive
- But for their high price D. Expensive as they are
Question 15: Would you mind _______ these plates a wipe before putting them in the cupboard?
- giving B. doing C. making D. getting
Question 16: Women are supposed to have a longer __________ than men.
- life expectation B. live expect C. life expectancy D. life expected
Question 17: You should take regular exercise _______ sitting in front of the television all day.
- without B. instead of
- except for D. in spite of
Question 18: Sometimes people just focus on the __________ benefits without thinking of the environment risks of certain economic activities.
- short – lived B. immediate
- long – term D. potential
Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word(s) CLOSEST in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.
Question 19: The issue of pay rise will loom large at this year’s conference as it is what all the attendees want to mention.
- be improved B. be discussed
- become important D. be avoided
Question 20: Educators are complaining that students reply on social media so much that they lose the ability to think critically.
- depend on B. appear on C. decide on D. insist on
Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word(s) OPPOSITE in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.
Question 21: If you are at a loose end this weekend, I will show you round the city.
- reluctant B. occupied C. free D. confident
Question 22: Adverse reviews in the New York press may greatly change the prospects of a new product on the market and lead to its failure.
- favorable B. additional C. comfortable D. complementary
Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the underlined part that needs correction in each of the following questions.
Question 23: Digital clocks, however precise, they cannot be perfectly accurate because the earth’s rotation changes slightly over years.
- the B. they C. perfectly D. slightly
Question 24: The product that you bought at the lower price is the more inferior to the one that we sell at a slightly higher price.
- the more inferior B. at a slightly C. the one D. that you bought
Question 25: Because there were so few women in the early Western states, the freedom and rights of Western women were more extensive than Eastern ladies.
A. Eastern ladies B. Because C. Eastern ladies D. so few women