Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh năm 2019 do trường THPT Hoàng Văn Thụ tỉnh Hòa Bình tổ chức thi lần 1, đề thi có đáp án và giải thích chi tiết để các bạn tham khảo.
Trích từ đề thi
Exercise 1: Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the sentence that is CLOSEST in meaning to each of the following sentences.
Question 1. “Stop smoking or you’ll be ill,” the doctor told me.
- The doctor advised me to give up smoking to avoid
- The doctor suggested smoking to treat
- I was warned against smoking a lot of
- I was ordered not to smoke to recover from
Question 2. If we can solve this problem soon, it will be better for all concerned.
- It would be better for all concerned if we can solve this problem
- The sooner we solve this problem, the better it will be for all
- If we could solve this problem soon, it would be better for all
- If all concerned are better, we can solve this problem
Question 3. He survived the operation thanks to the skillful surgeon.
- He wouldn’t have survived the operation without the skillful
- Though the surgeon was skillful, he couldn’t survive the
- He survived because he was a skillful
- There was no skillful surgeon, so he
Exercise 2: Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word(s) CLOSET in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.
Question 4. They have been forced to live in marginal environments, such as deserts and arctic wastelands.
- suburban B. forgotten C. abandoned D. disadvantaged
Question 5. Only during the nineteenth century did silent reading become commonplace.
- attracting attention B. widely used C. for everybody’s use D. most preferable
Exercise 3: Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the underlined part the needs correction in each of the following questions.
Question 6. They asked us whether we thought that the statistics had presented fairly and accurately
- whether B. thought C. had presented D. fairly
Question 7. Sam found it hard to concentrate on his work because the noise.
- it B. concentrate C. work D. because
Question 8. Ms. Phuong hardly never misses an opportunity to play in the tennis tournaments.
- hardly never B. an C. to play D. in
Exercise 4: Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the sentence that best combines each pair of sentences in the following questions.
Question 9. We didn’t want to spend a lot of money. We stayed in a cheap hotel.
- Rather than spending a lot of money, we stayed in a cheap
- In spite of spending a lot of money, we stayed in a cheap
- We didn’t stay in a cheap hotel as we had a lot of money to
- We stayed in a cheap hotel, but we had to spend a lot of
Question 10. I left the office. There was a power cut just then.
- I left the office after there was a power
- Hardly I had left the office when there was a power
- No sooner had I left the office than there was a power
- I left the office long before there was a power
Exercise 5: Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct word or phrase that best fits each of the numbered blanks
A YEAR WITH OVERSEAS VOLUNTEERS
I was with Overseas Volunteers (OV) for a year after leaving university, and I was sent to an isolated village in Chad, about 500 kilometers from the capital N’Djamena. Coming from a rich country, I got quite a shock, as conditions were much harder than I had expected. But after a few days I got used to (11)________there. The people were always very friendly and helpful, and I soon began to appreciate how beautiful the countryside was.
One of my jobs was to supply the village (12) ________water. The well was a long walk away, and the women used to spend a long time every day (13)________ heavy pots backwards and forwards. So I contacted the organization and arranged to have some pipes delivered. (14) ________these pipes were not really perfect, they still made a great difference to the villagers.
All in all, I think my time with OV was a good experience. Although it was not paid, it was well worth doing and I would recommend it to anyone (15) ________was considering working for a charity.
|Question 11.||A. live||B. living||C. lively||D. lived|
|Question 12.||A. on||B. for||C. with||D. from|
|Question 13.||A. holding||B. drinking||C. wearing||D. carrying|
|Question 14.||A. Because||B. When||C. Although||D. If|
|Question 15.||A. when||B. which||C. who||D. where|