Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh 2019 Liên trường THPT do sở GD-ĐT tỉnh Nghệ An tổ chức thi lần 1 có đáp án và giải thích chi tiết
Trích từ đề
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word whose underlined part differs from the other three in pronunciation in each of the following questions.
Question 1: A. misses B. goes C. leaves D. potatoes
Question 2: A. fifteenth B. mouth C. southern D. author
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word that differs from the other three in the position of primary stress in each of the following questions.
Question 3: A. contact B. concert C. constant D. concern
Question 4: A. occupation B. miraculous C. determine D. diversity
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the following questions.
Question 5: My uncle’s company made a very good profit in _______________.
- the 1990 B. 1990s C. 1990’s D. the 1990s
Question 6: Unless you ______________ all of my questions, I can’t do anything to help you.
- answeredanswer C. don’t answer D. are answering
Question 7: He_____ a terrible accident while he _______ along Ben Luc Bridge.
- see / am walking B. saw / was walking
- was seeing / walked D. have seen / were walking
Question 8: We all felt cold, wet and hungry; ________ , we were lost.
- moreover B. although C. however D. so that
Question 9: The public are concerned ___________ the increasing crime rates in the city.
- with B. at C. about D. for
Question 10: Standing on top of the hill, ____________________.
- people have seen a castle far away B. lies a castle in the middle of the island
- a castle can be seen from the distance D. we can see a castle in the distance
Question 11: ____ one of the most beautiful forms of performance art, ballet is a combination
of dance and mime performed to music
- Being considering B. Considering C. Considered D. To consider
Question 12: I was enjoying my book, but I stopped _________ a programme on TV.
- reading to watch B. to read to watch
- to read for watching D. reading for to watch
Question 13: The ______ dressed woman in the advertisement has a posed smile on her face.
- stylish B. stylishly C. stylistic D. stylistically
Question 14: Students can______ a lot of information just by attending class and taking good notes of the lectures.
- absorb B. provide C. transmit D. read
Question 15: Make sure you ______ us a visit when you are in town again.
- give B. do C. pay D. have
Question 16: The play lasted two hours with a/an ___ of 15 minutes between part one and part two.
- intervalB. pause C. stop D. interruption
Question 17: When he went to Egypt, he knew _____ no Arabic, but within 6 months he had become extremely fluent.
- entirely B. barely C. scarcely D. virtually
Question 18: ____________ are that stock price will go up in the coming months.
- Conditions B. Opportunities C. Possibilities D. Chances
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word(s) CLOSEST in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.
Question 19: To absorb a younger workforce, many companies offered retirement plans as incentives for older workers to retire and make way for the young ones who earned lower salary.
- rewards opportunities C. motives D. encouragements
Question 20: How on earth could they do away with a lovely old building like that and put a car park there instead?
- keep B. destroy C. decrease D. upgrade
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word(s) OPPOSITE in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.
Question 21: Most universities have trained counselors who can reassure and console students who have academic or personal problems.
- satisfy B. sympathize C. please D. discourage
Question 22: I don’t know what they are going to ask in the job interview. I’ll just play it by ear.
- plan well in advance B. be careful about it
- listen to others saying D. do not plan beforehand
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the most suitable response to complete each of the following exchanges.
Question 23: Tom is apologizing to Peter for being late.
- Tom: “Sorry, I’m late, Peter. My car has broken down on the way here.”
- Peter: “___________________”
- No, I wouldn’t mind at all. B. Not on my account.
- That’s all right. D. Well, it’s worth a try.
- Peter: “Well, cats are very good at catching mice around the house”
- Linda: “___________________”
- Nothing more to say. B. You can say that again.
- Yes, I hope so. D. No, dogs are good, too.
Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct word or phrase that best fits each of the numbered blanks.
The invention of the mobile phone has undoubtedly revolutionized the way people communicate and influenced every aspect of our lives. The issue is whether this technological innovation has (25)______ more harm than good. In order to answer the question, we must first turn to the types of consumers. Presumably, most parents (26) ______ are always worrying about their children’s safety buy mobile phones for them to track their whereabouts. We can also assume that most teenagers want mobile phones to avoid missing out on social contact. In this context, the advantages are clear. (27) ________, we cannot deny the fact that text messages have been used by bullies to intimidate fellow students. There is also (28) ________ evidence that texting has affected literacy skills.
The widespread use of mobile phone has, out of question, affected adult consumers too. What employee, on the way home from work, would be reluctant to answer a call from their boss? Apparently, only 18% of us, according to a survey, are willing to switch off our mobile phones once we’ve left the office.
Admittedly, mobile phones can be intrusive but there are obvious benefits to possessing one. Personally speaking, they are invaluable when it comes to making social or business arrangements at short (29) _______. They also provide their owners with a sense of security in emergency situations.
|Question 25:||A. done||B. played||C. made||D. brought|
|Question 26:||A. which||B. whom||C. who||D. what|
|Question 27:||A. Moreover||B. However||C. Therefore||D. So that|
|Question 28:||A. indisputable||B. arguable||C. doubtless||D. unhesitating|
|Question 29:||A. time||B. warning||C. term||D. notice|