Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh năm 2019 do trường THPT Ngô Quyền thành phố Hải Phòng tổ chức thi lần 2, đề thi có đáp án và giải thích chi tiết
Trích từ đề thi
Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the sentence that is closest in meaning to each of the following questions.
Question 1. You should have persuaded him to change his mind.
- You persuaded him to change his mind but he didn’t
- You should persuade him to change his
- You didn’t persuade him to change because of his
- It was essential to persuade him to change his mind but you didn’t.
Question 2. “No, it wasn’t me who broke the antique vase.” said the child.
- The child denied having broken the antique
- The child refused to have broken the antique
- The child accepted to have broken the antique
- The child objected to having broken the antique
Question 3. The more he learned about the job, the less interested he got.
- As soon as he learned about the interesting job, he got
- Though learning that the job is not interesting, he got
- Even though the job is not interesting, he learned about
- When he got to know more about the job, he lost his interest in
Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct word or phrase that bests fits each of the numbered blanks from 4 to 8.
Isolated from the mainland, the Con Dao islands are one of Vietnam’s star (4) ____. Long preserve of political prisoners and undesirables, they now turn heads thanks to their striking natural beauty. Con Son, the (5) _____of this chain of 15 islands and islets, is ringed with lovely beaches, coral reefs and scenic bays, and remains partially covered (6)______ tropical forests. In addition to hiking, diving and exploring deserted coastal roads, there are excellent wildlife–watching opportunities, such as the black giant squirrel and endemic bow–fingered gecko.
(7) it seems an island paradise, Con Son was once hell on earth for the thousands of prisoners who languished in a dozen jails during French rule and the American–backed regime. Many Vietnamese visitors are former soldiers (8) were imprisoned on the island. Until recently, few foreigners visited Con Dao, but with the commencement of low–cost boat connections this looks sure to change.
(Adapted from https://www.lonelyplanet.com)
|Question 4.||A. attractive||B. attract||C. attractions||D. attractiveness|
|Question 5.||A. largest||B. larger||C. most large||D. large|
|Question 6.||A. of||B. to||C. for||D. in|
|Question 7.||A. Even||B. However||C. Therefore||D. Although|
|Question 8.||A. which||B. who||C. what||D. they|
Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word(s) OPPOSITE in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.
Question 9. That house hasn’t been occupied for three years now. It must be haunted since no one is renting or buying it.
- cleaned B. taken C. absent D. vacant
Question 10. He’s such a phony. He’s always complaining about his friends behind their back, but whenever he sees them, he says really nice things about them.
- to be bad at acting B. to tell lies all the time
- to pretend to like others D. to try to make friends