Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh năm 2019 do trường THPT Nguyễn Quang Diệu tỉnh Đồng Tháp tỏ chức thi lần 1, đề thi có đáp án và giải thích chi tiết
Trích từ đề thi
Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word that differs from the other three in the position of the primary stress in each of the following questions.
Question 1: A. valuable B. variety C. environment D. impossible
Question 2: A. social B. common C. verbal D. polite
Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the questions.
By adopting a few simple techniques, parents who read to their children can considerably increase their children’s language development. It is surprising, but true. How parents talk to their children makes a big difference in the children’s language development. If a parent encourages the child to actively respond to what the parent is reading, the child’s language skills increase.
A study was done with two or three-year-old children and their parents. Half of the thirty children participants were in the experimental study; the other half acted as the control group. In the experimental group, the parents were given a two-hour training session in which they were taught to ask open-ended questions rather than yes-no questions. For example, the parent should ask, “What is the doggy doing?” rather than, “Is the doggy running away?” Experimental parents were also instructed how to expand on their children’s answer, how to suggest alternative possibilities, and how to praise correct answers.
At the beginning of the study, the children did not differ on levels of language development, but at the end of one month, the children in the experimental group were 5.5 months ahead of the control group on a test of verbal expression and vocabulary. Nine months later, the children in the experimental group still showed an advance of 6 months over the children in the control group.
Question 3: Parents can give great help to their children’s language development by ___them.
- reading to B. responding to C. adopting D. experimenting
Question 4: What does the word “they” in the second paragraph refer to?
- Participants B. Parents C. Questions D. Children
Question 5: During the training session, experimental parents were taught to ____.
- study many experiments B. give correct answers
- ask open-ended questions D. use yes-no questions
Question 6: What was the major difference between the control group and the experimental one in the study?
- The number of participants B. The age of the children
- The training that parents received D. The books that were read
Question 7: What conclusion can be drawn from this passage?
- Children’s language skills increase when they are required to respond
- Children who read actively always act six months earlier than those who don’t.
- Two or three-year-old children can be taught to read
- The more children read, the more intelligent they
Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word(s) OPPOSITE in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.
Question 8. I’m sorry I can’t come out this weekend – I’m up to my ears in work.
- bored B. scared C. free D. busy
Question 9: Workers are always advised to be cautious when entering and leaving the place due to a recent fire.
- factual B. unfriendly C. careless D. ambitious
Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the following questions.
Question 10: Each of us must take for our own actions.
- responsibility B. possibility C. probability D. ability
Question 11: Her fiancé is said from Harvard University five years ago.
- to have graduated B. to be graduated C. being graduated D. having graduated
Question 12: I can’t think of any possible for his absence.
- exploration B. explanation C. expedition D. expectation
Question 13: Housewives find it easier to do domestic chores thanks to invention of labour- saving devices.
- an B. some C. the D. a
Question 14: My supervisors is angry with me. I didn’t do all the work I _have done last week.
- should B. may C. need D. must
Question 15: Some films about violence have badly children and teenagers.
- influenced B. aimed C. taken D. offered
Question 16: People should not have children unless they are to being responsible parents.
- promised B. involved C. allowed D. committed
Question 17: Ms. Brown asked me in my class.
- were there how many students B. how many students there were
- there were how many students D. how many students were there
Question 18: With greatly increased workloads, everyone is pressure now.
- under B. out of C. above D. upon
Question 19: As there were too many participants at the seminar, the main speaker them into four smaller groups for discussion.
- divided B. submitted C. enrolled D. provided
Question 20: Hurry up or you the first lesson.
- had missed B. miss C. have missed D. will miss
Question 21: Her first novel has been acclaimed as a masterpiece.
- nation B. international C. internationally D. national
Question 22: I along the street when I suddenly heard footsteps behind me.
- am walking B. walk C. was walking D. walked
Question 23: The families houses were washed away by the tsunami were given temporary shelter in the school yard.
- whose B. where C. whom D. that