Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh 2019 trường THPT Thăng Long thành phố Hà Nội tổ chức thi lần 1 năm 2019, có đáp án và giải thích chi tiết 50 câu hỏi trắc nghiệm.
Trích từ đề thi
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word whose underlined part differs from the other three in pronunciation in each of the following questions.
Question 1: A. intend B. medal C. compete D. defend
Question 2: A. clothes B. bosses C. boxes D. couches
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word that differs from the other three in the position of the primary stress in each of the following questions.
Question 3: A. solidarity B. effectively C. documentary D. dedication
Question 4: A. royal B. unique C. remote D.extreme
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the following questions.
Question 5: My purse at the station while I for the train.
- must have been stolen/was waiting B. should have stolen/had been waiting
- will be stolen/am waiting D. had to steal/would be waiting
Question 6: The handwriting is completely . This note must have been written a long time ago.
- inedible B. indelible C. illegible D. unfeasible
Question 7: I suggest our rooms before Tet Holiday.
- should decorate B. is decorated C. were decorated D. be decorated
Question 8: The curriculum at this public school is as good _______ of any private school.
- as or better that B. as or better than that C. as or better than those D. better than
Question 9: – Daisy: “Are you ill? You look terrible!” – Liz: “Well, I am a bit . The doctor says I must rest.”
- run-up B. run-off C. run-out D. run-down
Question 10: He’d hardly finished doing his homework when you arrived, ?
- didn’t he B. had he C. would he D. hadn’t he
Question 11: he arrived at the bus stop when the bus came.
- Not until had B. No longer had C. Hardly had D. No sooner had Question 12: My mother often our mistakes, whereas my father is very strict and punishes us for even the slightest one.
- appreciates B. overlooks C. avoids D. enjoys
Question 13: Be sure to a real effort to answer all the questions the interviewer asks you.
- hide B. set C. train D. make
Question 14: We were made hard when we were at school.
- to study B. study C. studying D. studied
Question 15: Arranging flowers among my sister’s hobbies.
- were B. have been C. are D. is
Question 16: We regret to tell you that the materials you ordered are .
- out of stock B. out of reach C. out of work D. out of practice
Question 17: Laura didn’t enjoy her first year at college because she failed to her new friends.
- come in for B. look down on C. go down with D. get on with
Question 18: If it had not rained last night, the roads in the city so slippery now.
- must not be B. would not be C. could not have been D. would not have been
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word(s) CLOSEST in meaning to the underlined bold word(s) in each of the following questions.
Question 19: We should find ways to improve our products in terms of quality and service.
- for considering aspects B. in spite of C. with a view to D. in regard to
Question 20: We really appreciate your help, without which we couldn’t have got our task done in time.
- depreciate B. are proud of C. feel thankful for D. request
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word(s) OPPOSITE in meaning to the underlined bold word(s) in each of the following questions.
Question 21: Never punish your children by hitting them. This might teach them to become hitters.
- bring B. reward C. give D. accept
Question 22: The first year at university was probably the most challenging year of her life, which caused her plenty of troubles.
- tricky B. tough C. difficult D. easy Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the most suitable response to complete each of the following exchanges.
Question 23: John’s in Hanoi and wants to change some money. He asks the local passer-by the way to the bank.
- John: “Can you show me the way to the nearest bank, please?” – Passer-by: “ .”
- Not way, sorry B. Just round the corner over there
- Look it up in a dictionary D. There’s no traffic near here
Question 24: Rebecca’s in a fashion store in Trang Tien Plaza.
- Rebecca: “How can this bag be so expensive?” – The shop assistant: “ ”
- Yes, it’s the most expensive B. You’re paying for the brand
- What an expensive bag D. That’s a good idea
Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to choose the word or phrase that best fits each of the numbered blanks from 25 to 29.
Reasons to Not Hit Your Kids
The practice of hitting children teaches them to become hitters themselves. Extensive research data is now available to support the direct correlation (25)__________ corporal punishment in childhood and violent behavior in the teenage and adult years. Virtually, all of the most dangerous criminals (26) regularly threatened and punished in childhood.
Punishment gives the message that “might make right,” that it is okay to hurt someone smaller and less powerful than you are. The child then feels it is appropriate to mistreat younger or smaller children, and when he becomes an adult, feels little (27) for those less fortunate or powerful than he is, and fears those who are more so. Thus it is difficult for him to find (28)________ friendships.
Children learn best through parental modeling. Punishment gives the message that hitting is an appropriate way to express one’s feelings and to solve problems. If the child rarely sees the parents handle anger and solve problems in a creative and positive way, he can never learn how (29)____________ that himself. Thus inadequate parenting continues into the next generation.
(Adapted from “Reasons to Not Hit Your Kids” by Jan Hunt)
|Question 25: A. among||B. about||C. between||D. above|
|Question 26: A. were||B. be||C. could||D. might|
|Question 27: A. jealousy||B. compassion||C. greediness||D. appreciation|
|Question 28: A. meaningless||B. meaning||C. meaninglessly||D. meaningful|
|Question 29: A. to do||B. do||C. doing||D. done|