Trích từ đề thi
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word whose underlined part differs from the other three in pronunciation in each of the following questions.
Question 1: A. bread B. dream C. cream D. clean
Question 2: A. dislikes B. exchanges C. completes D. escapes
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word that differs from the rest in the position of the primary stress in each of the following questions.
Question 3: A. company B. instrument C. business D. adventure
Question 4: A. suffer B. differ C. prefer D. offer
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the following questions.
Question 5: She hasn’t read any technological books or articles on the subject for a long time. She’s afraid that she may be with recent developments.
- out of touch B. out of condition C. out of reach D. out of the question
Question 6: Before a long journey, people normally take their cars to service stations to .
- keep the oil refill B. make the oil refilled
- have the oil refill D. get the oil refilled
Question 7: The online game “Dumb ways to die” quickly with young people after being released in 2013.
- took on B. caught up C. caught on D. took up
Question 8: No one on the plane was alive in the accident last night, ?
- wasn’t he B. weren’t they C. were they D. was he
Question 9: “Have you seen Jack? He’s the man wearing a bow tie.”
- woolen lovely red B. lovely red woolen C. lovely woolen red D. red lovely woolen
Question 10: The more you practice speaking in public, .
- the more you become confident B. the more you become confidently
- the greater confidence you become D. the more confident you become
Question 11: He looks for any excuse he can to blow off his to do housework.
- commitment B. obligation C. assignment D. responsibility
Question 12: “You the report yesterday as the director won’t need it until next week.”
- should have finished B. needn’t have finished
- could have finished D. mustn’t have finished
Question 13: It is hardly possible to the right decision all the time.
- do B. arrive C. make D. take
Question 14: Not until he did he realize that he was adopted by his parents.
- has grown up B. grew up C. grows up D. had grown up
Question 15: Peter: “Have you ever been to a live concert?”
Mary: “No, I haven’t. But I’d very much like to, .”
- yet B. although C. though D. moreover
Question 16: They have planted a row of trees a natural protection from the sun’s ray.
- that form B. formed C. that is formed D. forming
Question 17: Of all the world’s major oceans, Arctic Ocean is the shallowest.
- an B. the C. a D. Ø
Question 18: as the representative at the conference, she felt extremely proud of herself.
- Be chosen B. Having been chosen
- On choosing D. Having chosen
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the most suitable response to complete each of the following exchanges.
Question 19: Alex is talking to his teammate, Tim, about aquatic sports.
Alex: “Do you think windsurfing is a dangerous sport?”
- You’re right. There’s no doubt about it. B. No, I don’t think so. It’s perfectly safe.
- You can say that again but it’s still true. D. I see what you mean but that’s a good idea.
Question 20: The teacher is talking to Laura about her presentation in class today.
Teacher: “Your speech this morning was beyond my expectation.”
- Thanks. Without your help, I couldn’t have. B. Are you kidding me? It’s terrible.
- It’s OK. It was the least I could do. D. That’s alright. I’m glad I could help.