Cập nhật đề thi thử Tiếng Anh năm 2019, Thích Tiếng Anh chia sẻ đề thi trường THPT Chuyên Bắc Giang do Sở GD-ĐT tổ chức cho học sinh lớp 12, thi ngày 23/02/2019 mã đề 116, đề thi có đáp án để các bạn tham khảo.
Trích từ đề thi
Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the following questions.
Question 1: Mr Pike ______ English at our school for 20 years before he retired last year.
- was teaching B. has been teaching C. is teaching D. had been teaching
Question 2: I used to ________ reading comics, but now I’ve grown out of it.
- take a fancy with B. keep an eye on C. get a kick out of D. kick up a fuss about
Question 3: She built a high wall around her garden _____.
- to enable people not taking her fruit B. so that her fruit would be stolen
- to prevent her fruit from being stolen D. in order that her fruit not be stolen
Question 4: It is important that he _____ a gallon of water with him if he wants to hike to the bottom of the Grand Canyon.
- taking B. take C. took D. takes
Question 5: _______ becoming extinct is of great concern to zoologists.
- That giant pandas are B. Giant pandas are
- Are giant pandas D. Giant panda is
Question 6: “These beers are _____!” whispered the grinning tenant to his customers on Sunday morning.
- on the shelf B. on the carpet C. on the rocks D. on the house
Question 7: When finding a new house, parents should _____ all the conditions for their children’s education and entertainment.
- take into account B. make all the conditions
- get a measure of D. put into effect
Question 8: Whenever he had an important decision to make, he ______ a cigar to calm his nerves.
- would light B. would be lighting
- would have lit D. had lit
Question 9: Gardeners transplant bushes and flowers by moving them from one place to _______.
- other others C. another D. each other
Question 10: A: “Do you have a copy of The Last Leaf?” B: “You are ______ luck. I have just one copy left.”
- of B. with C. in D. at
Question 11: His financial problems ______ from the difficulties he encountered in the recession.
- stem B. flourish C. root D. sprout
Question 12: The more you study during semester, ______ the week before the exam.
- you have to study the less B. the less you have to study
- the least you have to study D. the study less you have
Question 13: Duy Hieu won the gold medal at the National Examination. His parents ___ very proud of him.
- could have been B. can’t have C. can’t be D. must have been
Question 14: Please fill in your healthy history, including your _______ diseases as well as any previous ones you might have had.
- private B. daily C. constant D. current
Question 15: ________, I decided to stop trading with them.
- Despite the fact that they were the biggest dealer
- Though being the biggest dealer
- Being the biggest dealer
- Even though they were the biggest dealer
Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word that differs from the other three in the position of primary stress in each of the following questions.
Question 16: A. partnership B. romantic C. actually D. attitude
Question 17: A. decide B. equal C. certain D. couple
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word(s) OPPOSITE in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.
Question 18: When you consider all the advantages you’ve gained, I think you’ll admit you had a good run for your money.
- a lot of benefits from your money B. a lot of loss from your money
- a lot of advantages from your money D. a lot of failures in making your money
Question 19: Differently from English taught to all Vietnamese students, Chinese and Russian have been made optional languages taught at secondary schools in Vietnam.
- important B. compulsory C. comfortable D. necessary
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word(s) CLOSEST in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.
Question 20: Because of his hard work, he was able to recover his losses from the accident.
- take back B. escape C. sell D. find
Question 21: The children were full of beans today, looking forward to their field trip.
- eating a lot B. melancholy C. hyperactive D. lively and in high spirits
Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the underlined part that needs correction in each of the following questions.
Question 22: Rose didn’t mean insulting Jack, but he took her comments amiss and now will no longer talk to her.
- insulting took C. amiss D. talk to
Question 23: A large amount of popular expressions in our language have interesting backgrounds.
- A large amount B. expressions C. have D. backgrounds
Question 24: The General Certificate of Secondary Education (GSCE) is the name of a set of Vietnamese qualifications, generally taking by secondary students at the age of 17 -18 in Viet Nam.
- the name B. a set of C. taking D. at the age