Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh năm 2019 do trường THPT Chuyên KHTN (Khoa Học Tự Nhiên) Hà Nội tổ chức thi lần 3 tháng 4/2019 có đáp án để các bạn tham khảo
Trích từ đề thi
Read the passage and mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the question from 1 to 5.
Are organically grown foods the best food choices? The advantages claimed for such foods over conventionally grown and marketed food products are now being debated. Advocates of organic foods – a term whose meaning varies greatly – frequently proclaim that such products are safer and more nutritious than others.
The growing interest of consumers in the safety and nutritional quality of the topical North American diet is a welcome development. However, much of this interest has been sparked by sweeping claims are not supported by scientific evidence, the preponderance of written material advancing such claims make it difficult for the general public to separate fact from fiction. As a result, claims that eating a diet consisting entirely or organically grown foods prevents or cures disease or provides other benefits to health have become widely publicized and formed the basis for folklore.
Almost daily the public is besieged by claims for “no – aging” diets, new vitamins, and other wonder foods. There are numerous unsubstantiated reports that natural vitamins are superior to unsubstantiated eggs, that untreated grains are better than fumigated grains, and the like.
One thing that most organically grown foods products seem to have in common is that they cost more than conventionally grown foods. But in many cases consumers are misled if they believe. So there is real cause for concern if consumers, particularly those with limited incomes, distrust the regular food supply and busy expensive organic foods instead.
Question 1: The “welcome development” mentioned in paragraph 2 is an increase in
- Interest in food safety and nutrition among North Americans
- The nutritional quality of the topical North American diet
- The amount of healthy foods grown in North American
- The number of consumers in North American
Question 2: According to the first paragraph , which of the following is true about the term “organic foods”?
- It is accepted by most nutritionist
- It has been use only in recent years
- It has no fixed meaning
- It is seldom used by consumers
Question 3: The author implies that these is cause for concern if consumers with limited incomes by organic foods instead of conventionally grown food because __________
- Organic foods can be more expensive but are often no better than conventionally grown foods
- Many organic foods are actually less nutritious than similar conventionally grown foods
- Conventionally grown foods are more reality available than organic foods
- Too many farmers will stop using conventional methods to grow food crops
Question 4: According to the last paragraph, consumers who believe that organic foods are better than conventionally grown foods are often ___________
- Careless mistaken C. thrifty D. wealthy
Question 5: What is the author’s attitude towards the claims made by advocates of health foods?
- Very enthusiastic skeptical C. neutral D. somewhat favorable
Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word(s) OPPOSITE in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions from 6 to 7.
Question 6: After five days on trial, the court found him innocent of the crime and he was released
- Innovative benevolent C. guilty D. naïve
Question 7: Affluent families find it easier to support their children financially
- Wealthy impoverished C. privileged D. well-off
Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word(s) CLOSET in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions from 8 to 9.
Question 8: The repeated commercials on TV distract many viewers from watching their favorite films.
- Contests economics C. advertisements D. businesses
Question 9: As tourism is more developed, people worry about the damage to the flora and fauna of the island.
- Plant and animals fruits and vegetables
- Flowers and trees mountains and forests
Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word that differs from the other three in the position of primary stress in each of the following questions from 10 to 11.
Question 10: A. influential B. opportunity C. temperament D. expectation
Question 11: A. government B. employment C. refusal D. redundant