Thích Tiếng Anh chia sẻ “Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh sở Giáo Dục và Đào Tạo Thừa Thiên Huế” bổ sung thêm cho bộ đề thi thử Tiếng Anh năm 2017, đề có đáp án và định dạng bản WORD, tiện cho thầy cô chỉnh sửa.
- Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh trường THPT Chuyên Lê Quý Đôn – Quảng Trị lần 2 năm 2017
- Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh trường THPT Gia Viễn C – Ninh Bình lần 1 năm 2017 (bản WORD)
- Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh trường THPT Yên Định – Thanh Hóa lần 2 năm 2017 (bản WORD)
- Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh Sở Giáo Dục và Đào Tạo Đăk lăk lần 2 năm 2017 (bản WORD)
- Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh trường THPT Chuyên Quốc Học – Huế lần 1 năm 2017 (bản WORD)
- Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh trường THPT Hải Lăng năm 2017 (bản WORD)
- Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh sở Giáo Dục và Đào Tạo Long An năm 2017 (bản WORD)
Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word(s) CLOSET in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions 1 to 2.
Question 1: You can make a good living in sales if you have the right attitude and strategies.
- achieve consideration success B. earn a lot of money
- have a comfortable lifestyle D. live a good life
Question 2: Most ethnic groups in Vetnam have their own costumes that reflect their unique culture identities.
A invaluable B. different C. unpopular D. important
Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word that differs from the other three in the position of primary stress in each of the following questions 3 to 4.
Question 3: A. bamboo B. offer C. student D. minute
Question 4: A. facility B. minority C. necessary D. priority
Choose the word and phrase (A, B, C or D) that best fits the numbered space in the following passage.
There is no one who has not heard of Walt Disney; he is without doubt one of the most famous singers in the twentieth century and (5) ____most people know hardly anything about him. Although he became one of the most (6) ____ men in history, he left school at the age of sixteen and then studied art for a short time. By the (7) ____years of this century, he had already started to produce cartoons in Hollywood in partnership with his brother Roy, who, for some reason, never (8) _____to become as famous as Walt. Disney is perhaps most well known on account of his lovable cartoon character, Mickey Mouse, who first appeared in 1928 in a film called “Steamboat Willie”. One of the most (9) _____cartoon films of all time is Snow White and seven Dwarfs, which when it was released in 1937, was the first full-length cartoon in the history of the cinema.
Question 5: A. already B. yet C. then D. however
Question 6: A. successfully B. successful C. success D. succeed
Question 7: A. initial B. primary C. early D. beginning
Question 8: A. managed B. achieved C. succeeded D. reached
Question 9: A. common B. known C. popular D. excited
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet fo indicate the word whose underlined part differs from the other three in pronunciation in each of the following questions 10 to 11.
Question 10: A. ocean B. official C. sincere D. ancient
Question 11: A. missed B. filled C. published D. watched
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the following questions 12 to 23.
Question 12: If you don’t _ attention to what the teacher says in class, you may miss something important.
- get B. have C. hold D. pay
Question 13: There’s an increasing demand for cars which are more ____ on fuel.
- economical B. economy C. economics D. economic
Question 14: More than five thousand people ____ in the earthquake in Indonesia last year.
- is said to die B. are said to be died C. is said to be died D. are said to have died
Question 15: The woman asked ____ get lunch at school or not.
- whether the children could B. can the children
- could the children D. even if the children could
Question 16: Peter came ____ a fantastic idea for the school trip.
- down with B. down to C. over to D. up with
Question 17: ____ a few minutes earlier, you would have got a better seat.
- If you hadn’t arrived B. If you arrived C. Had you arrived D. Were you arrived
Question 18: The school year in Vietnam ____ divided into two terms.
- is B. is being C. has been D. was
Question 19: The more she practises _____ she becomes.
- the greater confidence B. the more confident C. more confidently D. the most confident
Question 20: She made ____ an excuse about having to look after the kids so she wouldn’t go to the party.
- over B. off C. for D. up
Question 21: Why don’t you buy that ____ shirt?
- beautiful blue cotton B. blue beautiful cotton C. cotton beautiful blue D. beautiful cotton blue
Question 22: Few Asian students agreed ____ the American students’ view that wives and husbands should share all thoughts.
- for B. with C. on D. to
Question 23: Tom: ‘’Did you have ____ nice holiday?” — Mary: ‘’Yes, it was the best holiday I’ve’’
- an B. the C. a D. –
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the most suitable response to complete each of the following questions 24 to 25.
Question 24: Tom is talking to Daisy about her trip to Vietnam.
Tom: ‘Hey Daisy. How was your trip to Vietnam? -Daisy: “________________.”
- I went there on my own. B. Oh, great. I had a nice time.
- I slept all the time on the plane. D. Well, I travelled by air
Question 25: Peter is in a restaurant.
– Waiter ‘Are you ready to order?
- Yes, I’m ready. What’s the order? B. Yes, I like giving orders to other people
- Yes, I’d like to start with the salad, please. D. Excuse me. Can I have the bill, please?
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word(s) OPPOSITE in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the /ollowing questions 26 to 27.
Question 26: Anne was looking forward to a holiday abroad but his remark threw cold water on her plans.
- made her feel enthusiastic B. protected … with water
- destroy … with water D. made her feel discouraged
Question 27: It is considered improper to wear short skirt to a formal occasion.
- casual B. festive C. special D. serious
Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the underlined part that needs correction in each of the following questions 28 to 30.
Question 28: It has always been her dreamtto write a successful novel.
- successful B. has always been C. dreamt D. to write
Question 29: Fuel is any substance or material that reacts chemically with another substance or matenal to produce hot.
- any B. hot C. with D. that reacts
Question 30: The earth is the only planet with a large number of oxygen in its atmosphere.
- its oxygen C. the D. number
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the sentence that is closest in meaning to each of the following questions 31 to 33.
Question 31: Lan doesn’t have enough time to do it well.
- If Lan had more time, she would do it well.
- If Lan had more time, she did it well.
- If Lan had had more time, she would have done it well.
- If Lan had more time, she will do it well.
Question 32: Tom’s advice to me was to sell the share immediately.
- Tom had me sell the share immediately.
- Tom encouraged me to sell the share immediately.
- Tom persuaded me to sell the share immmediately.
- Tom suggested I sell the share immediately.
Question 33: Despite her great success, Anna didn’t seem to be happy.
- As a result of her great success, Anna didn’t seem to be happy.
- Although very successful, Anna didn’t seem to be happy.
- Anna was very successful even though she didn’t seem to be happy.
- Because of her great success Anna didn’t seem to be happy.
Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the questions from 34 to 41.
If you enjoy water sports, Hawaii is the place for you. You can go swimming all year round in the warm water. You can go sport fishing from the shore or from a boat. If you like boats, you can go sailing, canoeing, or windsurfing. Or, you can also try some other water sports that are especially popular in Hawaii: surfing, snorkeling and scuba diving.
Surfing is a sport which started in Hawaii many years ago. The Hawaiians called it “he’e nalu”, which means “to slide on a wave”. If you want to try surfing, you need, first of all, to be a good swimmer. You also have to have an excellent sense of balance. You must swim out from the beach with your surfboard under your arm. When you get to where the waves begin to break, you wait for a calm moment. Then you try to stand up on the board. The wave will begin to rise under you. You must try to steer the board with your feet so you stay on top of the wave. The important thing is to keep your balance and not fall down. If you can manage this, you will have an exciting ride all the way in to the shore.
Scuba diving and snorkeling are two ways to get a close look at the beauty lying below the surface of the ocean. The waters off the Hawaiian Islands are clean, clear and warm. They contain hundreds of kinds of colorful fish. The undersea world is made even more colorful by the coral reefs of red, gold, white and light purple. Among these reefs there may be larger fish or sea turtles.
Scuba diving allows you to see the most interesting undersea sights. “Scuba” means “Selfcontained Underwater Breathing Apparatus”, that is, equipment for breathing and swimming around far under water. In Hawaii, you can take special courses to learn how to scuba dive. After the courses, you can get a certificate that will allow you to dive alone. Since it can be dangerous, proper instruction and great care are always necessary when you are scuba diving.
If you are adventurous, you might try snorkeling instead of scuba diving. Less equipment is needed, just a face mask, a breathing tube (snorkel) and flippers for your feet. It only takes a few minutes to learn how to snorkel. Although you cannot dive deep into the water, you can swim with your face below the surface. Breathing through the tube, you float on the surface, and keep yourself moving with your flippers. Even from the surface like this, there will be plenty of color and beauty to see.
Question 34: The passage is about ____.
- surfing B. tourist activities in Hawaii
- water sports around the world D. water sports in Hawaii
Question 35: You can infer from the passage that ____.
- swimming in Hawaii can be dangerous
- you need to take a course for all water sports
- water sports are all expensive
- everyone can find a way to enjoy sports in the water
Question 36: You can go deep under water when you are ____.
- surfing B. snorkelling C. scuba diving D. swimming
Question 37: If you want to try surfing, you ____.
- need to be a good swimmer B. should go to Australia
- need to wait for a windy day D. should not go out into deep water.
Question 38: The water around the Hawaiian Islands is ____.
- full of dangerous fish often quite cold C. usually very dark D. full of colorful things to see
Question 39: The word “this” in the second paragraph refers to ____.
- an exciting ride B. standing on the board
- staying on top of the wave D. keeping balanced and not falling down Question 40: According to the passage, scuba diving ____.
- is an ancient Hawaiian water sport requires good balance
- requires special equipment and training is the only way to see the fish underwater
Question 41: The word “proper” in paragraph 4 refers to ____.
- appropriate short and clear C. informative D. enthusiastic
Ghi rõ nguồn khi sử dụng lại tài liệu, nguồn: Nguyễn Minh Hiền – Thích Tiếng Anh – thichtienganh.com
Với “Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh sở Giáo Dục và Đào Tạo Thừa Thiên Huế” mà Thích Tiếng Anh chia sẻ, các bạn ôn luyện đề chăm chỉ nhé!