Cập nhật đề thi thử Tiếng Anh năm 2018, Thích Tiếng Anh chia sẻ “Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh năm 2018 trường THPT Đặng Thúc Hứa – Nghệ An” bản PDF. Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh do trường THPT Đặng Thúc Hứa tỉnh Nghệ An tổ chức thi năm 2018. Đề thi Tiếng Anh có đáp án cho học sinh tham khảo, tự ôn luyện lại kiến thức, kĩ năng làm bài thi THPT Quốc Gia.
Đề thi tham khảo
- Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh THPT Quốc Gia năm 2018 trường THPT Yên Định 1 – Thanh Hóa lần 1
- Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh THPT Quốc Gia năm 2018 trường THPT Chuyên Lương Văn Tụy – Ninh Bình lần 2
- Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh THPT Quốc Gia năm 2018 trường THPT Chuyên Lê Quý Đôn – Điện Biên
- Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh THPT Quốc Gia năm 2018 trường THPT Chuyên Lương Văn Chánh – Phú Yên
- Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh THPT Quốc Gia năm 2018 trường THPT Chuyên Lam Sơn – Thanh Hóa
Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word (s) OPPOSITE in meaning to the underlined word (s) in each of the following questions
Question 1: This is new washing machine is not a patch on our old one. These clothes are still dirty.
- to be strange B. to be broken C. to be better D. to be expensive
Question 2: in most countries, compulsory military service does not apply to women.
- constructive B. optional C. beneficial D. mandatory
Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word(s) CLOSEST in meaningto the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.
Question 3: Sports and festivals form an integral part of every human society.
- delighted B. exciting C. Informative D. essential
Question 4: As tourism is more developed, people worry about the damage to the flora and fauna of the island.
- fruits and vegetables B. flowers and trees C. plants and animals D. mountains and forest
Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the questions
Clara Barton became known as “The Angel of the Battlefield” during the American Civial War. Born in Oxford, Massachusetts in 1821, Clara Barton’s interest in helping soldiers on the battlefield began when she was told army stories from her father. Another event that influenced her decision to help soldiers was an accident her brother had. His injuries were cared for by Barton for 2 years. At the time, she was only 11 years old. Barton began teaching school at the age of 15. She taught for 18 years before she moved to Washington, D.C. in 1854.
The civil war broke out 6 years later. Immediately, Barton started was service by helping the soldiers with their needs. At the battle of Bull Run, Clara Barton received permission from the government to take care of the sick and hurt. Barton did this with great empathy and kindness. She acknowledged each soldier as a person. Her endurance and courage on the battlefield were admired by many. When the war ended in 1865, she used 4 years of her life to assist the government in searching for soldiers who were missing during the war.
The search for missing soldiers and years of hard work made her feeble physically. In 1869, her doctors recommended a trip to Europe for a rest. Whle she was on vacation, she became involved with the International Red Cross, an organization set up by the Geneva Convention in 1864. Clara Barton realized that the red Cross would be a big help to the United States. After she returned to the United States, she worked very hard to create an American red Cross. She talked to government leaders and let American people know about the Red Cross. In 1881, the Notional Society of the Red Cross was finally established with its headquarters in Washington, D.C. Clara Barton managed its activities for 23 years.
Barton never let her age stop her from helping people. At the age of 79, she helped flood victims in Galveston, Texas. Barton finally resigned from the Red Cross in 1904. She was 92 years old and had truly earned her titled “The Angel of the Battlefield”.
Question 5: According to paragraph 1, which of the following is true of the young Clara Barton?
- She helped her father when he was a soldier.
- She suffered from an accident when she was 11.
- She made a decision to live with her brother for 2 years.
- She helped her brother who hurt in an accident.
Question 6: The word this in paragraph 2 refers to
- recognized each soldier as a person B. cooked for soldiers
- took care of the sick and hurt D. received permission
Question 7: What can be the best title of the reading passage?
- The American Red Cross B. The angel of the Battlefield
- The American Civil War D. The International Red Cross
Question 8: The word acknowledged in paragraph 2 could best be replaced by
- believed B. recognized C. nursed D. pleaded
Question 9: The phrase broke out in paragraph 2 is closest in meaning to
- extended B. broke down C. closed D. began
Question 10: What can be inferred about the government?
- It had respect for Clara Barton.
- It showed Clara Barton great empathy and kindness.
- It did not have the money to hep Clara Barton.
- It did not always agree with Clara Barton.
Question 11: What does the author mention about the American Red Cross? A. It was disapproved again and again by the Geneva Convention.
- Barton tried to have it set up in America.
- The American people were not interested in the Red Cross.
- It was first established in the United States.
Question 12: What is the main idea of the passage?
- Clara Barton helped wounded soldiers and she was the founder of the Red Cross.
- Clara Barton became a nurse during the American Civil War.
- Clara Barton worked for disaster victims until she was old.
- Clara Barton was a kind and strong woman who helped people in need.
Bộ đề tham khảo
- 70 Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh các trường chuyên, nổi tiếng năm 2017 (có đáp án chi tiết)
- 48 Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh các trường trên toàn quốc năm 2017 có đáp án (bản WORD)
- 20 Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh cho kì thi THPT Quốc Gia bản WORD (có đáp án)
- 15 đề thi thử Tiếng Anh theo cấu trúc đề thi mới năm 2017 có đáp án chi tiết
Vui lòng tôn trọng ghi lại nguồn khi chia sẻ lại đề thi, nguồn: Nguyễn Minh Hiền – thichtienganh.com
Thích Tiếng Anh chia sẻ “Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh năm 2018 trường THPT Đặng Thúc Hứa – Nghệ An“