Thích Tiếng Anh chia sẻ Đề số 7 trong bộ 15 đề thi thử Tiếng Anh theo cấu trúc đề thi mới năm 2017. Bản WORD tiện cho việc chỉnh sửa, kèm đáp án và giải thích chi tiết.
- Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh theo cấu trúc mới năm 2017 – Đề số 1
- Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh theo cấu trúc mới năm 2017 – Đề số 2
- Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh theo cấu trúc mới năm 2017 – Đề số 3
- Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh theo cấu trúc mới năm 2017 – Đề số 4
- Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh theo cấu trúc mới năm 2017 – Đề số 5
- Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh theo cấu trúc mới năm 2017 – Đề số 6
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word that is closest in meaningto the underlined part in each of the following questions.
Question 1. In most countries, compulsory military service does not apply to women.
- superior B. mandatory C. beneficial D. constructive
Question 2. Scientists warn of the impending extinction of many species of plants and animals.
- inevitable B. imminent C. controversial D. absolute
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word that is opposite in meaningto the underlined part in each of the following questions.
Question 3. There is a lesson for all parents in this tragic accident.
- boring B. mysterious C. comic D. incredible
Question 4. Are you looking for a temporary or a permanent job?
- fleeting B. fierce C. stable D. loose
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word that differs from the restin the position of the main stress in each of the following questions.
Question 5. A. familiar B. impatient C. uncertain D. arrogant
Question 6. A. contrary B. graduate C. document D. attendance
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to show the underlined part that needs correction
Question 7. Ancient people made a clay pottery because they needed it for their survival.
A B C D
Question 8. Chemical engineering is based on the principles of physics, chemists, and mathematics.
A B C D
Question 9. Students suppose to read all the questions carefully and find out the answers to them.
A B C D
Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate thecorrect answer to each of the following questions from 10 to 14.
Long ago prehistoric man began to domesticate a number of wild plants and animals for his own use. This not only provided a more abundant food source but also allowed more people to live on a smaller plot of ground. We tend to forget that all of our present-day pets, livestock, and food plants were taken from the wild and developed into the forms we know today.
As centuries passed and human cultures evolved and blossomed, humans began to organise their knowledge of nature into the broad field of natural history. One aspect of early natural history concerned the use of plants for drugs and medicine. The early herbalists sometimes overworked their imaginations in this respect. For example, it was widely believed that a plant or part of a plant that resembles an internal organ would cure ailments of that organ. Thus, an extract made from a heartshaped leaf might be prescribed for a person suffering from heart problems.
Nevertheless, the overall contributions of these early observers provided the rudiments of our present knowledge of drugs and their uses.
Question 10. What does this passage mainly discuss?
- Cures from plants B. The beginning of natural history
C. Prehistoric man D. Early plants and animals
Question 11. Domestication of plants and animals probably occurred because of ________.
A. the need for more readily available food B. lack of wild animals and plants
C. early man’s power as a hunter D. the desire of prehistoric man to be nomadic
Question 12. The word “This” in the first paragraph refers to ________.
A. providing food for man B. man’s domestication of plants and animals
C. man’s ability to live on a small plot of land D. the earliest condition of prehistoric man
Question 13. The word “blossomed” in the second paragraph is closest in meaning to ________.
A. produced flowers B. changed C. learned D. flourished
Question 14. An herbalist is which of the following?
A. A dreamer B. An early historian
C. Someone who uses plants in medicine D. A farmer
Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the best option for each ofthe blanks.
Owning a car has several advantages. ________(15), you can go wherever you want, whenever
you want. You don’t have to depend on public transport, and ________(16), you will feel more independent. ________(17), you are able to give lifts to friends, or carry heavy loads of shopping. ________(18), there can be certain financial problems, especially if you live in a city. Running a car can be costly, since you have to spend quite an amount on items ________(19) petrol, servicing the car, and repairs. You might also have problem with parking, as every where is more and more crowded with cars. ________(20) most people feel that the advantages of owning a car outweigh the disadvantages.
Question 15. A. First of all B. As a result C. Generally D. Besides
Question 16. A. however B. personally C. since D. as a result
Question 17. A. In contrast B. In my opinion C. Besides D. However
Question 18. A. On the other hand B. To sum up C. Thus D. For example
Question 19. A. as B. such as C. owning to D. alike
Question 20. A. Overall B. Secondly C. Nonetheless D. Notwithstanding
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of thefollowing questions.
Question 21. I have a mere ________ of German.
- smattering B. knowledge C. acquaintance D. command
Question 22. Please don’t ________ a word of this to anyone else, it’s highly confidential.
- breathe B. speak C. pass D. mutter
Question 23. The silver medalist was later ________ for running outside her lane.
- banned B. disqualified C. disallowed D. outlawed
Question 24. It’s a small lamp, so it doesn’t ________ off much light.
- cast B. give C. shed D. spend
Question 25. The fumes were so thick that he was ________ for breath.
- suffocating B. inhaling C. gasping D. wheezing
Question 26. She ________ hope of any reconciliation.
- departed B. left C. ceased D. abandoned
Question 27. The storm causing flooding and landslides in Miami prompted the government to ________ hundreds from coastal towns.
- evacuate B. demolish C. contribute D. evaporate
Question 28. You dropped it down the stairs? You’re lucky it is still in one ________!
- whole B. piece C. entirely D. unit
Question 29. They are conducting a wide ________ of surveys throughout Viet Nam.
- collection B. range C. selection D. group
Question 30. Look,will you stop ________ in and let me finish my sentence!
- butting B. moving C. pushing D. plugging
Question 31. John paid $20 for his meal, ________ he had thought it would cost.
- not much as B. not so much as C. less as D. not so many as
Question 32. “Mum! I’ve got 890 on the TOEIC test.” “________”
- Good way! B. You are right C. Good job! D. Oh, hard luck!
Question 33. “Would you like me to get a taxi?” “________”
- A. Yes, please, if it’s no bother. Well, let’s see.
- That would be delightful. Thanks. D. Yes, I see.
Question 34. ________ over long distances is a fact.
- That electricity transmitting B. That electricity can be transmitted
- That electricity D. That can be transmitted
Question 35. The discovery was a major ________ for research workers.
- breakthrough B. breakdown C. break-in D. breakout
Question 36. John ________ knowledge from many of his life experiences to his work.
- approved B. accomplished C. appreciated D. applied
Question 37. ________, sheep were then used for wool.
- Having first domesticated for milk production
- Having been first domesticated for milk production
- Because they had been first domesticated for milk production
- Although they had first domesticated for milk production
Question 38. Lorie is very thin, ________ her young sister, who is quite heavy.
- unlike B. dissimilar to C. dislike D. unlikely
Question 39. Flooding in April is an unusual ________ in this area.
- occurrence B. occur C. occurring D. occurred
Question 40. It is a fact that ________ form of energy.
- electricity being the most useful B. electricity is the most useful
Ghi rõ nguồn khi sử dụng lại tài liệu, nguồn: Nguyễn Minh Hiền – Thích Tiếng Anh – thichtienganh.com
Thích Tiếng Anh đã chia sẻ đề số 7 trong bộ 15 đề thi thử Tiếng Anh theo cấu trúc đề thi mới năm 2017. Chúc các bạn học tốt ^^~