Cập nhật liên tục các đề thi thử Tiếng Anh năm 2018 các trường trên toàn quốc, Thích Tiếng Anh chia sẻ “Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh THPT Quốc Gia 2018 trường THPT Yên Mô A lần 2 (có giải thích chi tiết)“, đề thi có đáp án và giải thích chi tiết.
- Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh THPT Quốc Gia năm 2018 trường THPT Yên Mô A – Ninh Bình mã đề 126
- Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh THPT Quốc Gia năm 2018 trường THPT Yên Mô A – Ninh Bình
- Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh Sở GD-ĐT Ninh Bình lần 2 năm 2017 (Đầy đủ 24 đề)
- Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh trường THPT Chuyên Lê Quý Đôn – Quảng Trị lần 2 năm 2017
- Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh trường THPT Gia Viễn C – Ninh Bình lần 1 năm 2017 (bản WORD)
- 70 Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh các trường chuyên, nổi tiếng năm 2017 (có đáp án chi tiết)
- 48 Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh các trường trên toàn quốc năm 2017 có đáp án (bản WORD)
- 20 Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh cho kì thi THPT Quốc Gia bản WORD (có đáp án)
- 15 đề thi thử Tiếng Anh theo cấu trúc đề thi mới năm 2017 có đáp án chi tiết
Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each question.
Ever since humans have inhabited the earth, they have made use of various forms of communication. Generally, this expression of thoughts and feelings has been in the form of oral speech. When there is a language barrier, communication is accomplished through sign language in which motions stand for letters, words, and ideas. Tourists, the deaf, and the mute have had to resort to this form of expression. Many of these symbols of whole words are very picturesque and exact and can be used internationally, spelling, however, cannot.
Body language transmits ideas or thoughts by certain actions, either intentionally or unintentionally. A wink can be a way of flirting or indicating that the party is only joking. A nod signifies approval, while shaking the head indicates a negative reaction.
Other forms of nonlinguistic language can be found in Braille (a system of raised dots read with the fingertips), signal flags, Morse code, and smoke signals. Road maps and picture signs also guide, warm, and instruct people. While verbalization is most common form of language, other systems and techniques also express human thoughts and feelings.
Question 1. Which form other than oral speech would be the most commonly used among blind people?
- Picture signs B. Braille C. Signal flags D. Body language
Question 2. The word “these” I the first paragraph refers to ________.
- thoughts and feelings B. tourists
- the deaf and the mute D. sign language motions
Question 3. Sign language is said to be very picturesque and exact and can be used internationally EXCEPT for _______.
- spelling B. ideas C. whole words D. expressions
Question 4. The word “wink” in the second paragraph means most nearly the same as______.
- close one eye briefly B. close two eyes briefly
- shake the head from side to side D. bob the head up and down
Question 5. Which of the following best summarizes this passage?
- Nonlinguistic language is invaluable to foreigners
- Although other forms of communication exist, verbalization is the fastest
- When language is a barrier, people will find other forms of communication.
- Everybody uses only one form of communication
Question 6. What is the best title for the passage?
- The importance of Sign Language. B. Ways of Expressing Feelings.
- The Forms of Communication. D. Picturesque Symbols of Communication.
Question 7. People need to communicate in order to _______.
- keep from reading with their fingertips B. be picturesque and exact
- create language barriers D. express thoughts and feelings
Question 8. All of the following statements are true EXCEPT ________.
- Ideas and thoughts can be transmitted by body language.
- There are many forms of communication in existence today
- The deaf and mute can use an oral form of communication
- Verbalization is the most common form of communication
Choose the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from that of the others.
Question 9. A. concernedB. raisedC. developedD. maintained
Question 10.A. hurry B. under C. pressure D. rush
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the most suitable response to complete each of the following exchanges.
Question 11. She raised her hand high. She wanted to attract her teacher’s attension.
- Because her teacher attracted her, she raised her hand high.
- To attart her teacher’s attension, she raised her hand high.
- Though she raised her hand high, she could not attract her teacher’s attension.
- She had such a high raising of hand that she failed to attract her teacher’s attension.
Question 12. My brother isn’t good at English. I’m not either.
- Neither my brother nor I am not good at English.
- Neither my brother nor I am good at English.
- Not only my brother but I am good at English as well.
- Both my brother and I are good at English.
Pick out the word that has the primary stress different from that of the other words.
Question 13. A. Restaurent B. Assistance C. Usually D. Compliment
Question 14. A. Suppose B. Problem C. Minute D. Dinner
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word(s) OPPOSITE in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.
Question 15. When you see your teacher approaching you, a slight wave to attract his attension is appropiate.
- Coming nearer to Leaving C. Pointing at D. Looking up to
Question 16. You should put yourself on the back for having achieved such a high score in the graduation exam.
- Criticize yourself B. Wear a backpack
- Praise yourself D. Check up your back
Pick out the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the underlined part that needs corrrections in each of the following questions.
Question 17.The effects of ciagarette moking has been proven to be extremely harmful.
A B C D
Question 18.Only after food has been dried or canned it should be stored for future use.
A B C D
Question 19.Hoa’s parents didn’t allow her going to the cinema with her friends yesterday.
A B C D
Choose the correct sentence which has the same meaning as the given one.
Question 20. I haven’t met my grandparents for five years.
- I last met my grandparents five years ago.
- I have met my grandparents for five years.
- I often met my grandparents five years ago.
- I didn’t meet my grandparents five years ago.
Question 21. I could not get the job because I did not speak English well.
- I failed to ger the job because of my poor English
- Depite my poor English, I was successfull in the job
- I wish I had got the job so that I could speak English well
- I would have spoken English well if I could get the job
Question 22. “Yes, I solen your purse” The boy said to the young woman.
- The boy denied stealing the young man’s purse.
- The young woman thanked the boy for stealing her purse.
- The boy admitted stealing the woman’s purse.
- The young woman accused the boy of stealing her purse.
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the word(s) CLOSEST in the meaning to the undelined word(s) in each of the following questions.
Question 23. We have lived there for years and grown fond of the surrondings. That is why we do not want to leave.
- Loved the surroundings Planted many trees in the surroundings
- Possessed by the surroundings Hauted by the surrroundings
Question 24. I didn’t think his the comments were very appropriate at the time.
- Correct Right C. Exact D. Suitable
Read the passage mark letter A, B, C or D to indicate the correct word for each of the blanks.
The Gerneral Cerificate of Secondary Education or the GCSE excaminations for short are the standard school-leaver qualifications taken by virually all UK students in the May and June following their 16th birthday. If you come to a UK (25)_______ school before you (26)_______ the age of 16, you will study towards GCSE excaminationin up to 12 subjects. Some subjects are compulory, including English and matchematics, and you can select (27)_____, such as music, drama, geography and history from a series of options. GCSEs provide a good all-round education (28)_______ you can build (29)______ at colleage and eventually at university.
Question 25. A. dependence B. independence C. independent D. independently
Question 26. A. reach B. come C. approach D. Go
Question 27. A. other B. each other C. another D. Others
Question 28. A. what B. that C. where D. Whose
Question 29. A. on B. at C. in D. for
Vui lòng ghi rõ nguồn khi chia sẻ lại, nguồn: Nguyễn Minh Hiền – thichtienganh.com
Trên đây là toàn bộ “Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh THPT Quốc Gia 2018 trường THPT Yên Mô A lần 2 (có giải thích chi tiết)” mà Thích Tiếng Anh chia sẻ.