Bổ sung cho kho đề thi thử Tiếng Anh năm 2018, Thích Tiếng Anh chia sẻ “Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh THPT Quốc Gia năm 2018 trường THPT Chuyên Trần Phú – Hải Phòng“. Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh trường THPT Chuyên Trần Phú – Hải Phòng tổ chức thi ngày 29/12/2017, mã đề thi 124. Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh có đáp án để các bạn học sinh lớp 11, lớp 12 tham khảo, chuẩn bị cho bài thi môn Tiếng Anh kì thi THPT Quốc Gia.
Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh năm 2018 mới nhất:
- Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh THPT Quốc Gia năm 2018 trường THPT Xuân Hòa – Vĩnh Phúc lần 1
- Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh THPT Quốc Gia năm 2018 trường THPT Tứ Kỳ – Hải Dương
- Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh THPT Quốc Gia năm 2018 trường THPT Kim Liên – Hà Nội lần 1
- Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh THPT Quốc Gia năm 2018 trường THPT Chuyên Lam Sơn – Thanh Hóa
- Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh THPT Quốc Gia năm 2018 trường THPT Yên Mô B – Ninh Bình lần 1
Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh bạn nên tham khảo:
- 12 Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh năm 2018 đánh giá năng lực có đáp án giải thích chi tiết – cô Mai Phương
- 70 Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh các trường chuyên, nổi tiếng năm 2017 (có đáp án chi tiết)
- 48 Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh các trường trên toàn quốc năm 2017 có đáp án (bản WORD)
- 20 Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh cho kì thi THPT Quốc Gia bản WORD (có đáp án)
- 15 đề thi thử Tiếng Anh theo cấu trúc đề thi mới năm 2017 có đáp án chi tiết
Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the questions.
The custom of paying a bride price before marriage is still a well-established part of many African cultures. In paying a bride price, the family of the groom must provide payment to the family of the bride before the marriage is allowed. The bride price can vary greatly from culture to culture in Africa. In the Zulu and Swazi tribes of southern Africa, the bride price often takes the form of cattle. In Western African, kola nuts, shells, and other goods are often used for the payment of the bride price. The actual payment of money sometimes takes place, but the payment of goods is more frequent. The amount of paid in a bride price can also vary. In modern times, the bride price is occasionally quite small and its value is mainly symbolic. However, the bride price can still be quite high, especially among prominent or highly traditional families.
There are a number of justifications used to explain the payment of bride price. The first is that the bride price represents an acknowledgement of the expense the bride’s family has gone in order to raise her and bring her up as a suitable bride for the groom. It also represents payment for the loss of a family member, since the bride will officially become a member of her husband’s family and will leave her own. On a deeper level the bride price represents payment for the fact that the bride will bring children into the family of the groom, thereby increasing the wealth of the family. This concept is reinforced by the fact that the bride price must often be returned if the bride fails to bear children.
The payment of the bride price has quite a number of effects on African society. First, the payment of bride price acts to increase the stability of African family structures. Sons are dependent on their fathers and older relatives to help them pay the bride price of their wives, and this generally leads to greater levels of obedience and respect. The negotiations between the two families concerning the bride price allow the parents and other family members to meet and get to know one another before the marriage. Finally, since the bride price must often be repaid in case of divorce, the bride’s family often works to make sure that any marital problems are solved quickly. Bride prices also work as a system of wealth distribution in African cultures. Wealthier families can afford to support the marriage of their son, and thus their wealth is transferred to other families.
Question 1. According to paragraph 1, all of the following are true of the bride price EXCEPT ______.
- its amount and form can vary
- its practice is occasionally only symbolic
- it is a relatively new practice in Africa
- it is generally higher among traditional families
Question 2. Why does the author mention the payment of money?
- To stress that the use of goods in the payment of bride price is most common
- To illustrate how the practice of bride price has changed over time.
- To demonstrate how expensive a bride price can be sometimes.
- To demonstrate the differences in how rich and poor families pay the bride price.
Question 3. The word “prominent” in the passage is closest in meaning to _______.
- conservative B. important C. religious D. educated
Question 4. The phrase “The first” in the passage refers to the first _________.
- marriage B. bride price C. payment D. justification
Question 5. It can be inferred from the paragraph 2 that African families ________.
- never see their daughters after marriage
- never see their daughters after marriage
- pay the bride price on the day of the wedding
- place great importance on childbirth
Question 6. The author uses the word “marital” to indicate that the problems are related to ________.
- money B. laws C. marriage D. pregnancy
Question 7. Which f the following statements is TRUE?
- Sometimes the bride’s family has to return the bride price to the groom’s for equal distributionof wealth.
- The initial negotiations over the birde price provide opportunities for 2 families to meet each other.
- Animals are nt an acceptable form of payment when it comes to paying the bride prices.
- Without having to pay the bride price, African men would not respect their family members.
Question 8. Why are women often married to older men?
- Young men lack the financial to marry.
- The legal age for marriage is lower for women than for men.
- Families are eager to gain the bride price from their daughter’s marriage.
- Women live longer than men on average.
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the sentence that best combines each pair of sentences in the following questions.
Question 9. The guest on our show who has won the Opera. He is the youngest professional golfer that has won this award so far.
- The professional golfer who has won the Opera so far is the youngest guest on our show.
- The youngest professional golfer won the Opera so far is the guest on our show.
- The youngest guest on our show is the professional golfer winning the Opera so far.
- The guest on our show is the youngest professional golfer to win the Opera so far.
Question 10. We arrived at the conference. Then we realized that our reports were still at home.
- No sooner had we realized that our reports were at home than we arrived at the conference.
- Only after we arrived at the conference did we realize that our reports were still at home.
- Not until we arrived at the conference that we realized that our reports were still at home.
- Hardly had we arrived at the conference that we realized that our reports were still at home.
Question 11. Mr. Brown said to me “Make good use of your time. You wont get such an opportunity again.”
- Brown let me make use of my time, knowing that I wouldn’t get such an opportunity again.
- Brown ordered me to make good use of my time, said that I wouldn’t getsuch an opportunity again.
- Brown offered me such an opportunity so that I could make good use of my time.
- Mr Brown advised me to make good use of my time as I wouldn’t get such an opportunity again.
Question 12. Perhaps, the violent was provoked by the fans of the visiting team.
- It can have been the visiting team’s fans that set off the violence.
- The fans of the visiting team must have been the people who began the violence.
- There might have been some violence caused by the visiting team’s fans.
- The fans of the visiting team sould have brought about the violence.
Question 13. People say that Mr Goldman gave nearly a million pounds to charity last year.
- Mr Goldman is said to have given nearly a million pounds to charity last year.
- Nearly a million pounds is said to be given to charity by Mr Goldman.
- Mr Goldman was said to have given nearly a million pounds to charity last year.
- Nearly a million pounds was said to have been given to charity by Mr Goldman.
Vui lòng tôn trọng ghi lại nguồn khi chia sẻ lại đề thi, nguồn: Nguyễn Minh Hiền – thichtienganh.com
Thích Tiếng Anh chia sẻ “Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh THPT Quốc Gia năm 2018 trường THPT Chuyên Trần Phú – Hải Phòng”