Cập nhật đề thi thử Tiếng Anh 2018, Thích Tiếng Anh chia sẻ “Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh THPT Quốc Gia năm 2018 trường THPT Thạng Hóa – Long An“, đề thi thử Tiếng Anh do trường THPT Thạnh Hóa tỉnh Long An tổ chức thi năm 2018, đề thi Tiếng Anh có đáp án và giải thích chi tiết 50 câu hỏi trắc nghiệm để các bạn tham khảo, tự ôn luyện hiệu quả.
Đề thi tham khảo
- Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh THPT Quốc Gia năm 2018 trường THPT Chuyên Thái Bình lần 1
- Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh THPT Quốc Gia năm 2018 trường THPT Chuyên Bắc Ninh lần 1
- Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh THPT Quốc Gia năm 2018 trường THPT Hoa Lư A – Ninh Bình lần 1
- Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh THPT Quốc Gia 2018 trường THPT Yên Mô A lần 2 (có giải thích chi tiết)
Trích đề thi
Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the questions.
When another old cave is discovered in the south of France, it is not usually news. Rather, it is an ordinary event. Such discoveries are so frequent these days that hardly anybody pays heedto them. However, when the Lascaux cave complex was discovered in 1940, the world was amazed. Painted directly on its walls were hundreds of scenes showing how people lived thousands of years ago. The scenes show people hunting animals, such as bison or wild cats. Other images depict birds and, most noticeably, horses, which appear in more than 300 wall images, by far outnumbering all other animals.
Early artists drawing these animals accomplished a monumental and difficult task. They did not limit themselves to the easily accessible walls but carried their painting materials to spaces that required climbing steep walls or crawling into narrow passages in the Lascaux complex.
Unfortunately, the paintings have been exposed to the destructive action of water and temperature changes, which easily wear the images away. Because the Lascaux caves have many entrances, air movement has also damaged the images inside. Although they are not out in the open air, where natural light would have destroyed them long ago, many of the images have deteriorated and are barely recognizable. To prevent further damage, the site was closed to tourists in 1963, 23 years after it was discovered.
Câu 20: In line 12, the word “They” refers to _________.
- Walls Animals C. Materials D. Artists
Câu 21: Based on the passage, what is probably true about the south of France?
- It is home to rare animals. It has attracted many famous artists.
- It is known for horse-racing events. It has a large number of caves.
Câu 22: Which title best summarizes the main idea of the passage?
- Hidden Prehistoric Paintings Wild Animals in Art
- Determining the Age of French Caves Exploring Caves Respectfully
Câu 23: Why was painting inside the Lascaux complex a difficult task?
- It was completely dark inside.
- The caves were full of wild animals.
- Many painting spaces were difficult to reach.
- Painting materials were hard to find.
Câu 24: In line 3, the words pays heed to are closest in meaning to …………………
- Watches discovers C. notices D. buys
Câu 25: What does the passage say happened at the Lascaux caves in 1963?
- Another part was discovered. A new entrance was created.
- Visitors were prohibited from entering. A new lighting system was installed.
Câu 26: According to the passage, all of the following have caused damage to the paintings EXCEPT ___________.
- Water temperature changes C. air movement D. light
Câu 27: According to the passage, which animals appear most often on the cave walls?
- Horses Bison C. Birds D. Wild cats
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word whose underlined part differs from the other three in pronunciation in each of the following questions.
Câu 28: A. species B. themes C. medicines D. plates
Câu 29: A. explored B. named C. travelled D. separated
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word(s) OPPOSITE in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.
Câu 30: The United States is a major influence in the United Nations.
- Main real C. minor D. true
Câu 31: More people are now employed in service industries than in manufacturing.
Jobless B. having jobs C. trained D. vulnerable