Thích Tiếng Anh chia sẻ “Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh trường THPT Chuyên Quốc Học – Huế lần 1 năm 2017” có đáp án, bản WORD, trong bộ đề thi thử Tiếng Anh năm 2017. Các bạn tải về ôn luyện nhé!
- Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh trường THPT Chuyên Lê Quý Đôn – Quảng Trị lần 2 năm 2017
- Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh trường THPT Gia Viễn C – Ninh Bình lần 1 năm 2017 (bản WORD)
- Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh trường THPT Yên Định – Thanh Hóa lần 2 năm 2017 (bản WORD)
- Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh trường THPT Chuyên Vĩnh Phúc lần 3 năm 2017 (bản WORD)
- Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh trường THPT Chuyên ĐH Sư Phạm Hà Nội lần 4 (bản WORD)
- Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh trường THPT Chuyên Nguyễn Quang Diêu lần 1 năm 2017 (bản WORD)
- Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh Sở Giáo Dục và Đào Tạo Hải Phòng lần 1 năm 2017 (bản WORD)
Read the following passage and markthe letter A,B,C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct word or phrase that best fits each of the numbered blanks.
A trend that has emerged recently is the sharing of childcare (1) __________ between husband and wife. Young couples will try to arrange their work schedules so that they work opposite hours or shifts in order that one parent is always home with the children. Since childcare is expensive, this saves money for the young couple trying to establish themselves and provide a secure environment for the family. Husband and wife may also share household chores. Some fathers are just as capable as mothers at cooking dinner, changing and bathing the baby, and doing the laundry.
In some cases, the woman’s salary is for family (2) __________ and the father becomes the “househusband.” These cases are still fairly rare. One positive trend, however, is that fathers seem to be spending more time with their children. In a recent survey, 41% of the children sampled said they spend equal time with their mothers and fathers. “This is one of our most significant cultural changes,” says Dr. Leon Hoffman, who co-directs the Parent Child Center at the New York Psychoanalytic Society. In practice, for over 30 years, Hoffman has found “a very dramatic difference in the involvement of the father in everything from care-taking to general decision (3) __________ around kids’ lives.”
Another factor has recently been added to the childcare formula. The number of people who work from home nearly full-time rose 23% from the last decade. The (4) _________ of technology – computers, faxes, teleconferencing – has made it easier for at-home workers to be constantly in touch. Will this new flexibility in the workforce bring a positive change for the (5) __________ of children? Only time will tell.
Question 1: A. abilities B. possibilities C. techniques D. responsibilities Question 2: A. payment B. expenses C. fares D. fees Question 3: A. making B. creating C. holding D. giving Question 4: A. accessible B. accessibly C. access D. accessibility Question 5: A. well-being B. security C. comfort D. interests
Mark the letter A,B,C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word(s) OPPOSITE in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.
Question 6: My first impression of her was her impassive face.
- respectful B. emotional C. solid D. fractious
Question 7: We left New York when I was six, so my recollections of it are rather faint.
- clear B. unintelligible C. explicable D. ambiguous
Mark the letter A,B,C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the sentence that is closest in meaning to each of the following questions.
Question 8: Much to my astonishment, I found his lecture on wildlife conservation extremely interesting.
- Contrary to my expectations, his lecture on wildlife conservation was the most fascinating of all.
- I was fascinated by what he said in his lecture on wildlife conservation though I hadn’t expected to be.
- I hadn’t expected him to lecture on wildlife conservation, but he spoke well.
- It was at his lecture on wildlife conservation that I realized I needed to study it.
Question 9: Although he was able to do the job, he wasn’t given the position.
- The position wasn’t given to him in spite of his ability to do the job.
- He was given neither the job nor the position.
- Because he couldn’t do the job, he wasn’t given the position.
- He got the position despite being unable to do the job.
Question 10: It is certain that the new cuts will worry the staff.
- The new cuts certainly worry the staff.
- The new cuts will be certainly worry the staff.
- The new cuts are bound to worry the staff.
- The new cuts will be bound to worry the staff.
Mark the letter A,B,C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word that differs from the other three in the preposition of primary stress in each of the following questions.
Question 11: A. involve B. control C. tonight D. purpose Question 12: A. hurricane B. photograph C. recommend D. separate
Mark the letter A,B,C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the underlined part that needs correction in each of the following questions.
Question 13: Digital clocks, however precise, they cannot be perfectly accurate because the
earth’s rotation changes slightly over years.
Question 14:On the floor of the Pacific Ocean ishundreds of flat-topped mountains more
A BC D
than a mile beneath sea level.
Question 15:My sister told me that she had met my teacher at the supermarketyesterday.
Read the following passage and mark the letters A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the questions.
Scientists do not yet thoroughly understand just how the body of an individual becomes sensitive to a substance that is harmless or even wholesome for the average person. Milk, wheat, and egg, for example, rank among the most healthful and widely used foods. Yet these foods can cause persons sensitive to them to suffer greatly. At first, the body of the individual is not harmed by coming into contact with the substance. After a varying interval of time, usually longer than a few weeks, the body becomes sensitive to it, and an allergy has begun to develop. Sometimes it’s hard to figure out if you have a food allergy, since it can show up so many different ways. Your symptoms could be caused by many other problems. You may have rashes, hives, joint pains mimicking arthritis, headaches, irritability, or depression. The most common food allergies are to milk, eggs, seafood, wheat, nuts, seeds, chocolate, oranges, and tomatoes. Many of these allergies will not develop if these foods are not fed to an infant until her or his intestines mature at around seven months. Breast milk also tends to be protective. Migraines can be set off by foods containing tyramine, phenathylamine, monosodium glutamate, or sodium nitrate. Common foods which contain these are chocolate, aged cheeses, sour cream, red wine, pickled herring, chicken livers, avocados, ripe bananas, cured meats, many Oriental and prepared foods (read the labels!). Some people have been successful in treating their migraines with supplements of B-vitamins, particularly B6 and niacin. Children who are hyperactive may benefit from eliminating food additives, especially colorings, and foods high in salicylates from their diets. A few of these are almonds, green peppers, peaches, tea, grapes. This is the diet made popular by Benjamin Feingold, who has written the book “Why your Child is Hyperactive”. Other researchers have had mixed results when testing whether the diet is effective.
Question 16: The topic of this passage is _____________.
- infants and allergies B. food and nutrition
- reactions to foods D. a good diet
Question 17: According to the passage, the difficulty in diagnosing allergies to foods is due to ___________.
- the vast number of different foods we eat
- lack of a proper treatment plan
- the similarity of symptoms of the allergy to other problems
- the use of prepared formula to feed babies
Question 18: The word “symptoms” is closest in meaning to ___________.
- prescriptions B. diet C. diagnosis D. indications
Question 19: What can be inferred about babies from this passage?
- They can eat almost anything.
- They should have a carefully restricted diet as infants.
- They gain little benefit from being breast fed.
- They may become hyperactive if fed solid food too early.
Question 20: The author states that the reason that infants need to avoid certain foods related to allergies has to do with the infant’s ___________.
- lack of teeth B. poor metabolism
- inability to swallow solid foods D. underdeveloped intestinal tract
Question 21: The word “these” refers to ___________.
- food additives B. food colorings
- innutritious foods D. foods high in salicylates
Question 22: Which of the following was a suggested treatment for migraines in the passage?
- Using Vitamin B in addition to a good diet B. Avoiding all Oriental foods
- Getting plenty of sodium nitrate D. Eating more ripe bananas
Question 23: According to the article the Feingold diet is NOT ___________.
- available in book form
- verified by researchers as being consistently effective
- beneficial for hyperactive children
Ghi rõ nguồn khi sử dụng lại tài liệu, nguồn: Nguyễn Minh Hiền – Thích Tiếng Anh – thichtienganh.com
Với đề “Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh trường THPT Chuyên Quốc Học – Huế lần 1 năm 2017” Thích Tiếng Anh chia sẻ, các bạn luyện kĩ đề này nhé!