Bổ sung cho kho đề thi thử Tiếng Anh năm 2017, Thích Tiếng Anh chia sẻ “Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh trường THPT Thác Bà – Yên Bái năm 2017” . Đề thi thử có đáp án, định dạng WORD. Các bạn tải về tham khảo nhé!
- Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh trường THPT Chuyên Lê Quý Đôn – Quảng Trị lần 2 năm 2017
- Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh trường THPT Gia Viễn C – Ninh Bình lần 1 năm 2017 (bản WORD)
- Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh trường THPT Yên Định – Thanh Hóa lần 2 năm 2017 (bản WORD)
- Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh Sở Giáo Dục và Đào Tạo Đăk lăk lần 2 năm 2017 (bản WORD)
- Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh sở Giáo Dục và Đào Tạo Long An năm 2017 (bản WORD)
- Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh sở Giáo Dục và Đào Tạo Thừa Thiên Huế (bản WORD)
- Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh trường THPT Trần Phú – Vĩnh Phúc năm 2017 ( bản WORD)
- Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh trường THPT Thái Ninh lần 2 năm 2017 (bản WORD)
- Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh trường THPT Chuyên Vĩnh Phúc lần 5 năm 2017 (bản WORD)
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on answer sheet to indicate the word whose underlined part differs from the other three in pronunciation in each of the following questions.
Question 1: A. handcraft B. handbook C. handkerchief D. handbag
Question 2: A. exhaust B. height C. honest D. heir
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word that differs from the rest in the position of main stress in each of the following questions.
Question 3: A. weather B. confirm C. highland D. entrance
Question 4: A. dependence B. prediction C. disastrous D. compliment
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on answer sheet to indicate the word or phrase that is CLOSEST in meaning to the underlined part in each of the following questions.
Question 5: Lack of water and nutrients has impeded the growth of these cherry tomato plants
- promoted B. assisted C. realized D. prevented
Question 6: Bone and ivory are light, strong and accessible materials for Inuit artists
- available B. beautiful C. economic D. natural
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word(s) OPPOSITE in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.
Question 7: The consequences of the typhoon were disastrous due to the lack of precautionary measures
- physical B. severe C. beneficial D. damaging
Question 8: Vietnam’s admission to the World Trade Organization (WTO) has promoted its trade relations with other countries.
- balanced B. restricted C. expanded D. boosted
Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet t indicate the underlined part that needs correction in each of the following questions
Question 9: Not until he got home he realized he had forgotten to give herthe present.
A B C D
Question 10:A lot of people stop smoking because they are afraid their heath will
A B C
be affected and early death .
Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the following sentences
Learning means acquiring knowledge or developing the ability to perform new behaviors. It is common to think of learning as something that takes place in school, but much of human learning
occurs outside the classroom, and people continue to learn throughout their lives.
Even before they enter school, young children learn to walk, to talk, and to use their hands to manipulate toys, food, and other objects. They use all of their senses to learn about the sights, sounds, tastes, and smells in their environments. They learn how to interact with their parents, siblings, friends, and other people important to their world. When they enter school, children learn basic academic subjects such as reading, writing, and mathematics. They also continue to learn a great deal outside the classroom. They learn which behaviors are likely to be rewarded and which are likely to be punished. They learn social skills for interacting with other children. After they finish school, people must learn to adapt to the many major changes that affect their lives, such as getting married, raising children, and finding and keeping a job.
Because learning continues throughout our lives and affects almost everything we do, the study of learning is important in many different fields. Teachers need to understand the best ways to educate children. Psychologists, social workers, criminologists, and other human-service workers need to understand how certain experiences change people’s behaviors. Employers, politicians, and advertisers make use of the principles of learning to influence the behavior of workers, voters, and consumers.
Learning is closely related to memory, which is the storage of information in the brain. Psychologists who study memory are interested in how the brain stores knowledge, where this storage takes place, and how the brain later retrieves knowledge when we need it. In contrast, psychologists who study learning are more interested in behavior and how behavior changes as a result of a person’s experiences.
There are many forms of learning, ranging from simple to complex. Simple forms of learning involve a single stimulus. A stimulus is anything perceptible to the senses, such as a sight, sound, smell, touch, or taste. In a form of learning known as classical conditioning, people learn to associate two stimuli that occur in sequence, such as lightning followed by thunder. In operant conditioning, people learn by forming an association between a behavior and its consequences (reward or punishment). People and animals can also learn by observation – that is, by watching others perform behaviors. More complex forms of learning include learning languages, concepts, and motor skills.
Question 11: According to the passage, which of the following is learning in broad view comprised of?
- Knowledge acquisition and ability development
- Acquisition of social and behavioural skills
- Acquisition of academic knowledge
- Knowledge acquisition outside the classroom
Question 12: According to the passage, what are children NOT usually taught outside the classroom?
- interpersonal communication B. life skills C. literacy and calculation D. right from wrong
Question 13: Getting married, raising children, and finding and keeping a job are mentioned in paragraph 2 as examples of ______.
- the changes to which people have to orient themselves
- the situations in which people cannot teach themselves
- the ways people’s lives are influenced by education
- the areas of learning which affect people’s lives
Question 14: Which of the following can be inferred about the learning process from the passage?
- It becomes less challenging and complicated when people grow older
- It plays a crucial part in improving the learner’s motivation in school
- It takes place more frequently in real life than in academic institutions
- It is more interesting and effective in school than that in life
Question 15: According to the passage, the study of learning is important in many fields due to
- the need for certain experiences in various areas
- the exploration of the best teaching methods
- the great influence of the on-going learning process
- the influence of various behaviours in the learning process
Question 16: It can be inferred from the passage that social workers, employers, and politicians concern themselves with the study of learning because they need to ______.
- change the behaviours of the objects of their interest towards learning
- thoroughly understand the behaviours of the objects of their interest
- make the objects of their interest more aware of the importance of learning
- understand how a stimulus relates to the senses of the objects of their interest
Question 17: The word “retrieves” in paragraph 4 is closest in meaning to ______.
- generates B. creates C. recovers D. gains
Question 18: Which of the following statements is NOT true according to the passage?
- Psychologists studying memory are concerned with how the stored knowledge is used
- Psychologists studying memory are concerned with the brain’s storage of knowledge
- Psychologists are all interested in memory as much as behaviours
- Psychologists studying learning are interested in human behaviours
Question 19: According to the passage, the stimulus in simple forms of learning ______.
- bears relation to perception B. is created by the senses
- is associated with natural phenomena D. makes associations between behaviours
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer
Question 20. In Vietnam, application forms for the National Entrance Examinations must be ______ before the deadline, often in April.
- issued B. signed C. filed D. submitted
Question 21. Points will be added to the Entrance Examination scores for those who hold an excellent high school__________.
- certificate B. diploma C. qualification D. degree
Question 22.The world _____ a better place if we had known a hundred years ago what we know about the earth’s environment.
- should be B. might be C. was D. will be
Question 23. I _________Tom with me if I had known you and he didn’t get along well with each other.
- won’t bring B. wouldn’t have brought C. Didn’t bring D. hadn’t brought
Question 24. Remember to bring with you your school certificate and letters of __________ from your teachers or your previous employers when you come to the interview.
- assignment B. invitation C. recommendation D. advertisement
Question 25. It wasn’t an awful experience. It was the worst thing ___ has ever happened to me.
- which B. that C. what D. why
Question 26.This present will be given to __________can answer the last question.
- whomever B. whoever C. whom D. who
Question 27.These new laws have laid legal grounds for __________inefficient co-operatives.
- dissolving B. analyzing C dividing D. disarming.
Question 28. I like spending my holidays in the mountains, ______my wife prefers the seaside.
- though B. whereas C. despite D. in spite of
Question 29. _____he wasn’t feeling very well, Alex was determined to take part in the racing.
- Despite the fact that B. Despite the fact it C. Despite D. In spite of
Question 30. When we got home, dinner __________, so we had a drink first.
- was preparing B. had been prepared C. was being prepared D. was prepared
Question 31. Linda __________her identity card again. This is the second time this ________.
- lost/ happened B. has lost/ has happened C. has lost/ happened D. lost/ has happened
Question 32. I started working here in 2000.
- I have started working here since 2000. B. I haven’t worked here since 2000.
- I have started working here since 2000. D. I have worked here since 2000.
Question 33. It took me a long time to __________wearing glasses.
- get used to B. use to C. used to D. use
Question 34. Let’s have this letter __________by express mail.
- sends B. send C. being sent D. sent
Question 35. “Can I help you?” _ “ ___________”.
- No, thanks. I’m just looking B. No, I’m seeing C. Yes, I’m watching D. Yes, I’m thinking
Question 36. Let’s go to the station to see her __________.
- through B. back C. off D. to
Question 37. I can’t recall ______that old movie, but maybe I did many years ago.
- to see B. to have seen C. having been seen D. having seen
Question 38. Henry will pass his exams _______any means. He has studied well.
- by B. on C. with D. in
Question 39. Without transportation, our modern society could not exist.
- Our modern society could not exist if there is no transportation.
- Our modern society will not exist without having transportation.
- If there were no transportation, our modern society would not exist.
- If transportation no longer exists, our modern society will not exist.
Ghi rõ nguồn khi sử dụng lại tài liệu, nguồn: Nguyễn Minh Hiền – Thích Tiếng Anh – thichtienganh.com
Trên đây Thích Tiếng Anh đã giới thiệu “Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh trường THPT Thác Bà – Yên Bái năm 2017 (bản WORD)“. Các bạn luyện đề chăm chỉ nhé!