Thích Tiếng Anh chia sẻ “Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh trường THPT Thị Xã Quảng Trị lần 1 năm 2017” có đáp án, trong bộ đề thi thử Tiếng Anh năm 2017. Các bạn luyện đề tốt nhé ^^~
- Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh Trường THPT Chu Văn An – Yên Bái năm 2017 (bản WORD)
- Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh trường THPT Gia Viễn C – Ninh Bình lần 1 năm 2017 (bản WORD)
- Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh trường Chuyên Đại Học Vinh lần 2 năm 2017(bản WORD)
- Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh trường THPT Chuyên Vĩnh Phúc lần 3 năm 2017 (bản WORD)
- Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh trường THPT Chuyên ĐH Sư Phạm Hà Nội lần 4 (bản WORD)
- Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh trường THPT Gia Viễn C – Ninh Bình lần 1 năm 2017 (bản WORD)
Mark the letter (A, B, C, or D) on your answer sheet to indicate the word(s) OPPOSITE in meaning to the italic word(s) in each of the following questions.
Question 1: Like the other giant planets, Neptune emits more energy than it receives from the sun
- releases B.borrows C.receives D. spends
Question 2: The clubs meet on the last Thursday of every month in a dilapidated palace.
- neglected B.regenerated C. furnished D. renovated
Mark the letter (A, B, C, or D) to indicate the word/phrase that is CLOSEST in meaning to the underlined part in each of the following questions.
Question 3: The Civil War created feverish manufacturing activity to supply crucial material, especially in the North A. extremely rapid B. sickly and slow C. very dangerous D. understandable
Question 4: A public library is a resource the entire community can draw on.
- illustrate B.approach C. utilize D. destroy
Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct word for each of the numbered blanks from 5 to 9.
Although some progress has been (5) ____ in AIDS (acquired immune deficiency syndrome) treatment and prevention, the problem is getting worse. It has been reported that about 5 million people became (6) _____ with HIV, the virus that causes AIDS, this year. The disease is expected to kill three million people. Africa is the worst affected area. The fastest (7) _____ of AIDS in the world is taking (8) ____ in the former Soviet Union and Eastern Europe. In Russia, infections rose from about 100 thousand last year to about 300 thousand this year. Many drug companies have agreed to send anti – AIDS drugs at reduced (9) _____ to poor countries. But experts say getting drugs to the people in the biggest problem. They say prevention is the best way to control the disease.
Question 5: A. made B. done C. taken D. brought
Question 6: A. suffered B. faced C. fed D. infected
Question 7: A. widen B. spread C. enlarge D. appear
Question 8: A. place B. replace C. exchange D. play
Question 9: A. prize B. fee C. prices D. degree
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the sentence that is closest in meaning to each of the following questions.
Question 10: “Why didn’t you join your friends on the trip?” she asked.
- She asked me why I didn’t join her friends on the trip.
- She wanted to know why I hadn’t joined my friends on the trip.
- She asked the reason I hadn’t joined my friends on the trip.
- She asked me why didn’t I join my friends on the trip.
Question 11: Hardly anybody applied for the job.
- Nobody applied for the job because it was hard. B.Anybody found it hard to apply for the job.
- There were very few applicants for the job. D.Anybody applied hardly for the job.
Question 12: Their dog was so fierce that nobody would visit them.
- They had a so fierce dog that nobody would visit them.
- Their dog was too fierce to visit.
- They had a such fierce dog that nobody would visit them.
- They had so fierce a dog that nobody would visit them.
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word that differs from the other three in the position of main stress in each of the following questions.
Question 13: A. compulsory B. objective C. publication D. statistical
Question 14: A. applicant B. preference C. courteous D. appointment
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the sentence that best combines each pair of sentences in the following questions.
Question 15: Tom wore so many warm clothes. This was not necessary.
- Tom did not need to wear so many warm clothes.
- Tom needn’t wear so many warm clothes.
- Tom needn’t have worn so many warm clothes.
- Tom wore so many warm clothes which was not necessary.
Question 16: Many people are talking about the ship. This biggest ship ever was built by the company last year.
- Many people are talking about the biggest ship to be built by the company.
- Many people are talking about the biggest ship being built by the company.
- Many people are talking about the biggest ship that built by the company.
- Many people are talking about the biggest ship which the company built it last year.
Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the questions from 17 to 23.
As computers have become powerful tools for the rapid and economic production of pictures, computer graphics has emerged as one of the most rapidly growing fields in computer science. It is used routinely in such diverse areas as business industry, art government, education, research, training and medicine.
One of the initial uses of computer graphics, and ultimately its greatest use, has been as an aid to design, generally referred to as computer-aid design (CAD). One of its greatest advantages is that designers can see how an object will look after construction and make changes freely and much more quickly than hand drafting. For three-dimensional rendering of machine parts, engineers now rely heavily on CAD. Automobile, spacecraft, aerospace and ship designers use CAD techniques to design vehicles and test their performance. Building designs are also created with computer graphics systems. Architects can design a building layout, create a three-dimensional model, and even go for a simulated “walk” through the rooms or around the outside of the building.
Business graphics is another rapidly growing area of computer graphics, where it is used to create graphs, charts and cost models to summarize financial, statistical, mathematical, scientific and economic data. As an educational aid, computer graphics can be used to create weather maps and cartographic materials. Computer art also has creative and commercial art applications, where it is used in advertising, publishing, and film productions, particularly for computer animation, which is achieved by a sequential process.
Question 17: What does the passage mainly discussed?
- Routine uses of computers B.Computer graphic applications
- The rapidly growing field of computer science D.Computers as the architects of future
Question 18: According to the passage, architects use CAD to __________
- inspect building B. create graphs
- make cartographic materials D. create three-dimensional models
Question 19: Engineers use CAD for _________
- a stimulated “walk” through model rooms B.rendering machine parts
- making cost models D.advertising new products
Question 20: Which of the following is not mentioned as a use of computer graphic in business?
- Charts B.Cost model C. Graphs D. Traffic control
Question 21: The word “where” in the third paragraph refers to _________
- business graphicsB. growing area C. computer graphics D. economic data
Question 22: According to the passage, the computers are used in the following areas but __________
- medical field B.space exploration C. commerce D. architecture
Question 23: The paragraph following this passage would most likely be about ___________
- computer animation B.flight training
- cost model D.applications of CAD in medicine
Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the questions from 24 to 31.
The house style that dominated American housing during 1880s and 1890s was known as “Queen Anne”. This may seem a curious name for an American style, and it was, in fact, a historical accident. The style originated with fashionable architects in Victorian England who coined the name with apparently no reason other than its pleasing sound. The style was loosely based on medieval buildings constructed long before 1702, the beginning year of Queen Anne’s reign.
A distinctive characteristic found in most Queen Anne houses is the unusual roof shape – a steeply pitched, hipped central portion from which protrude lower front and side extensions ending in gables. It is often possible to spot these distinctive roof forms from several blocks away. Another feature usually found on this style is wood shingle siding cut into fanciful decorative patterns of scallops, curves, diamonds, or triangles. Queen Anne houses are almost always asymmetrical. If you draw an imaginary line down the middle of one, you will see how drastically different the right and left sides are, all the way from ground level to roof peak. A final common characteristic is the inviting wraparound porch – one that includes the front door area and then extends around to either the right or left side.
Queen Anne houses faded from fashion early in the twentieth century as the public’s taste shifted toward the more “modern” prairie and craftsman houses. Today, however, Queen Anne houses are favorite symbols of the past, painstakingly and lovingly restored by old-house buffs. They are also being reproduced by contemporary builders, with faithful attention to the distinctive shapes and detailing which were first popularized more than one hundred years ago.
Question 24: The passage primarily discusses __________.
- the history of American housing
- popular American house style
- English influence on American architecture
- why Queen Anne houses are being reproduced today
Question 25: The word “This” in line 2 refers to __________.
- a house style B.American housing C. “Queen Anne” D. a historical accident
Question 26: Which of the following is NOT mentioned as a characteristic of a Queen Anne house?
Với “Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh trường THPT Thị Xã Quảng Trị lần 1 năm 2017” mà Thích Tiếng Anh giới thiệu, hi vọng bạn sẽ tích lũy được nhiều kiến thức hay, hữu ích cho bản thân sau khi làm đề.