Thích Tiếng Anh chia sẻ “Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh trường THPT Trần Nhật Duật năm 2017” , trong bộ đề thi thử Tiếng Anh năm 2017 có đáp để các bạn đối chiếu với kết quả bài làm của mình. Luyện đề tốt nhé các bạn!
- Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh trường THPT Chuyên Lê Quý Đôn – Quảng Trị lần 2 năm 2017
- Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh trường THPT Gia Viễn C – Ninh Bình lần 1 năm 2017 (bản WORD)
- Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh trường THPT Yên Định – Thanh Hóa lần 2 năm 2017 (bản WORD)
- Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh trường THPT Võ Thị Sáu năm 2017
- Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh trường THPT Chuyên Quốc Học – Huế lần 1 năm 2017 (bản WORD)
- Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh trường THPT Chuyên Nguyễn Quang Diêu lần 1 năm 2017 (bản WORD)
- Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh Sở Giáo Dục và Đào Tạo Hải Phòng lần 1 năm 2017 (bản WORD)
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word whose underlined part differs from the other three in pronunciation in each of the followingquestions.
Question 1: A. adventure B. future C. mature D. figure
Question 2: A. young B. plough C. couple D. cousin
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word that differs from the other
three in the position of primary stress in each of the following questions.
Question 3: A. accuracy B. Canada C. banana D. countryside
Question 4: A. contaminate B. continent C. conquer D. Comfortable
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the underlined part that needs correction in each of the following questions.
Question 5: The skin receives nearlythe third of the blood pumped outby the heart.
A B C D
Question 6: I had my motorbike repair yesterday but now it still doesn’t work.
A B C D
Question 7: If you are working with young children in a primary school, you will find that
A B C
teaching lively songs and rhymes are very popular.
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the
Question 8: I’m sorry, but I just can’t____ your behaviour any longer.
- go along with B. get on with C. keep up with D. put up with
Question 9: It is doubtful whether newspapers____ governments to any great degree.
- draw B. influence C. catch D. attract
Question 10: Many companies____ to take part in illegal logging.
- denied B. rejected C. protested D. refused
Question 11: The music____ the composer’s joy of life.
- arouses B. appeals C. expresses D. attracts
Question 12: The Grand Canyon is the product of centuries of____
- erosion B. decay C. crumbling D. deterioration
Question 13: By the 1300s, the Spanish had learnt that gunpowder could____ propel an object with incredible force.
- using it to B. used to C. be used to D. been used to
Question 14: Tennessee has about 140 newspapers, ____ 25 are issued daily.
- of which about B. which is about C. about which D. which are about
Question 15: When consumers cannot have everything that they want, they have to choose____ most.
- they want what B. what they want C. they want it D. that they want
Question 16: Rodney____ for the company for very long before he was promoted.
- hadn’t been working B. hasn’t been working C. didn’t used to work D. didn’t work.
Question 17: “Do you think Harry will want something to eat after he gets here?”
“I hope not. It’ll probably be after midnight, and we____.”
- be sleeping B. are sleeping C. will be sleeping D. have been sleeping
Question 18: Mr. Lee was upset by____ him the truth.
- us not tell B. we didn’t tell C. not to tell D. our not having told.
Question 19: ____ for the fact that he was working abroad, he would have helped win the project.
- Had it been B. Hadn’t it been C. If it hadn’t been D. If it had been
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the most suitable response to complete each of the following exchanges.
Question 20: Peter: “I’ve been awarded a scholarship to study in America.”
Kate: “Uh, really? _____!”
- Take care of yourself B. Lucky as you are C. You are always lucky D. Congratulations
Question 21: Jane: “Would you mind if I use you computer for an hour?” Tony:”________”
- Not at all. I’ve finished my job B. Yes, you can use it.
- Of course not. I still need it now D. Yes, It’s all right
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word(s) CLOSEST in meaning to
the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.
Question 22: Usually the eggs are attached to a tree with a sticky type of glue.
- broken B. stuck C. come D. remained
Question 23: Besides helping his team to great victories, Messi achieved amazing things for himself.
- games B. goals C. championships D. wins
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word(s) OPPOSITE in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.
Question 24: Although it’s a long day for us, we feel we are contented with what we do.
- shocked B. dissatisfied C. excited D. interested
Question 25: I can’t stand people who treat animals cruelly.
- brutally B. cleverly C. gently D. reasonably
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the sentence that is closest in meaning to each of the following questions.
Question 26: His parents made him study for his exams.
- He was made study for the exams by his parents.
- He was obliged to study for the exams by his parents.
- He is made to study for the exams by his parents.
- He was made to study for the exams by his parents.
Question 27: “I was not there at the time” he said.
- He denied being there at the time. B. He denied that he was there at the time.
- He denied not being there at the time. D. He denied that he wasn’t there at the time.
Question 28: It’s a waste trying to do the experiment again and again.
- The experiment should be done again and again. B. It’s well worth trying to do the experiment.
- There is no point in trying to repeat the experiment.
- There is no time to try to repeat the experiment.
Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the sentence that best combines each pair of sentences in the following questions.
Question 29: They arrived too late to get good seats.
- When they arrived, the good seats were already taken.
- They got good seats some time after they arrive.
- Although they were late, they found some good seats.
- They had to stand for the whole show.
Question 30: He started to play the guitar five years ago.
- He has been playing the guitar since five years. B. He has been playing the guitar for five years.
- He has been starting to play the guitar for five years. D. He has started playing the guitar for 5 years.
Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the
correct word or phrase that best fits each of the numbered blanks from 31 to 35.
I was born to dance. I’ve been dancing all my life, ever since my mother, (31) gave up a dancing career on the stage when she married my father, picked me up and twirled me around as an infant. As much as I loved dancing with her, her greatest gift to me was her “unconditional love” during her lifetime.
My parents (32) after only 5 years of marriage, but my father remarried a lovely lady who also loved to dance. They used to (33) me to a dancing club where I would listen to the music and watch them dance-occasionally my stepmother, Mary, invited me to dance.
I also met my wife, Charlotte, in a dancing party. I danced with her for about 15 minutes, and during that brief span, I realized that I fell in love (34) her. We kept dancing throughout our marriage. My earliest memories of dancing with my daughters started when I came home from work to our small home in Marblehead, Massachusetts, and my daughter Laura was about 3 years old. It was very relaxing for me to (35) the record player, pick up Laura in my arms, and dance her around the room!
Question 31:.A. he B. who C. whom D. whose
Question 32: A. divorced B. promised C. engaged D. loved
Question 33: A. taking B. to take C. took D. take
Question 34: A. from B. to C. of D. with
Question 35: A. turn on B. turn off C. turn down D. turn into
Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the
correct answer to each of the questions from 36 to 42.
Until recently, most American entrepreneurs were men. Discrimination against women in business, the demands of caring for families, and lack of business training had kept the number of women entrepreneurs small. Now, however, businesses owned by women account for more than $40 billion in annual revenues, and this figure is likely to continue rising throughout the 1990s. As Carolyn Doppelt Gray, an official of the Small Business Administration, has noted, “The 1970s was the decade of women entering management, and the 1980s turned out to be the decade of the woman entrepreneur”. What are some of the factors behind this trend? For one thing, as more women earn advanced degrees in business and enter the corporateworld, they are finding obstacles. Women are still excluded from most executive suites. Charlotte Taylor, a management consultant, had noted, “In the 1970s women believed if they got an MBA and worked hard they could become chairman of the board. Now they’ve found out that isn’t going to happen, so they go out on their own”.
In the past, most women entrepreneurs worked in “women’s” fields: cosmetics and clothing, for example. But this is changing. Consider ASK Computer Systems, a $22-million-a-year computer software business. It was founded in 1973 by Sandra Kurtzig, who was then a housewife with degrees in math and engineering. When Kurtzig founded the business, her first product was software that let weekly newspapers keep tabs on their newspaper carriers-and her office was a bedroom at home, with a shoebox under the bed to hold the company’s cash. After she succeeded with the newspaper software system, she hired several bright computer-science graduates to develop additional programs. When these were marketed and sold, ASK began to grow. It now has 200 employees, and Sandra Kurtzig owns $66.9 million of stock.
Of course, many women who start their own businesses fail, just as men often do. They still face hurdles in the business world, especially problems in raising money; the banking and finance world is still dominated by men, and old attitudes die hard. Most businesses owned by women are still quite small. But the situation is changing; there are likely to be many more Sandra Kurtzigs in the years ahead.
Question 36: What is the main idea of this passage?
A.Women today are better educated than in the past, making them more attractive to the business world.
B.The computer is especially lucrative for women today.
- Women are better at small business than men are.
- Women today are opening more business of their own.
Question 37: The word “excluded “in line 8 is closest in meaning to_____.
- A. not permitted in often invited to
- decorators of D. charged admission to
Question 38: All of the following were mentioned in the passage as detriments to women in the business world EXCEPT___.
A.Women were required to stay at home with their families.
- Women lacked ability to work in business.
C.Women faced discrimination in business.
D.Women were not trained in business.
Question 39: in line 10, “that” refers to____.
- a woman becomes chairman of the board.
- Women working hard
- Women achieving advanced degrees
- Women believing that business is a place for them.
Question 40: According to the passage, Charlotte Taylor believes that women in 1970s A. Were unrealistic about their opportunities in business management.
B.Were still more interested in education than business opportunities
- had fewer obstacles in business than they do today.
- were unable to work hard enough to success in business.
Question 41: It can be inferred from the passage that the author believes that business operated by women are small because____.
- Women prefer a small intimate setting.
- Women can’t deal with money.
- Women are not able to borrow money easily
- Many women fail at large businesses.
Question 42: The author’s attitude about the future of women in business is____.
- skeptical B. optimistic
- C. frustrated negative
Ghi rõ nguồn khi sử dụng lại tài liệu, nguồn: Nguyễn Minh Hiền – Thích Tiếng Anh – thichtienganh.com
Thích Tiếng Anh đã chia sẻ “Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh trường THPT Trần Nhật Duật năm 2017“. Chia sẻ bài viết tới mọi người cùng học nhé