Thích Tiếng Anh chia sẻ “Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh trường THPT Võ Thị Sáu năm 2017” trong bộ đề thi thử Tiếng Anh năm 2017 có đáp để các bạn đối chiếu với kết quả bài làm của mình.
- Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh trường THPT Chuyên Lê Quý Đôn – Quảng Trị lần 2 năm 2017
- Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh trường THPT Gia Viễn C – Ninh Bình lần 1 năm 2017 (bản WORD)
- Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh trường THPT Yên Định – Thanh Hóa lần 2 năm 2017 (bản WORD)
- Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh trường THPT Quảng Xương 1 lần 1 năm 2017 (bản WORD)
- Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh trường THPT Chuyên Quốc Học – Huế lần 1 năm 2017 (bản WORD)
- Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh trường THPT Chuyên Nguyễn Quang Diêu lần 1 năm 2017 (bản WORD)
- Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh Sở Giáo Dục và Đào Tạo Hải Phòng lần 1 năm 2017 (bản WORD)
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word whose underlined part differs from the other three in pronunciation in each of the following questions.
|Question 1: A. element||B. dedicate||C. event||D. devote|
|Question 2: A. goes||B. raises||C. devises||D. advises|
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word that differs from the other three in the position of primary stress in each of the following questions.
|Question 3: A. explain||B. involve||C. purpose||D. advise|
|Question 4: A. different||B. terrorist||C. contrary||D. domestic
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the underlined part that needs correction in each of the following questions.
Question 5: He passed the exams with high scores, that made his parents happy.
A B C D
Question 6: Because her sickness she didn’t take part in the English competition held in Sunday.
A B C D
Question 7: The teacher together with his students have finished their project on time.
A B C D
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the following questions.
Question 8: John is _______ only child in his family so his parents love him a lot.
- a B. an C. the D. Ø
Question 9: Billy has been seriously ill, and he was taken to _____ hospital yesterday
- A. a B. an the D. Ø
Question 10: The more demanding the job is, I like it.
- more B. most C. the more D. the most
Question 11: The baby _______.
- A. was sleeping depth B. was slept deeply C. slept in depth D. was sleeping deeply
Question 12: Richard, my neighbor, in World War II.
- says to fight B. says to have fought C. is said to fight D. is said to have fought
Question 13: Students are less pressure as a result of changes in testing procedures.
- A. under above C. upon D. out of
Question 14: Tom I am so _______ that I cannot say anything, but keep silent.
- A. nerve nervous C. nervously D. nervousness
Question 15: The world’s biodiversity is declining at an unprecedented rate, which makes wildlife _______.
- A. prosperous B. prefect vulnerable D. remained
Question 16: A number of young teachers nowadays themselves to teaching disadvantaged children. A. offer B. stick C. give D. devote
Question 17: He was _____ when I had those problems and said whatever I did he would stand by me. A. supportive B. exciting C. busy D. dull
Question 18: Go _______ this book because it has the information you need.
- A. over B. by C. off D. on
Question 19: Although the team was both mentally and physically exhausted, they ____on walking.
- A. stopped kept C. took D. pu
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the most suitable response to complete each of the following exchanges.
Question 20: Two friends Hung and Hoa are talking about Hoa‘s party.
– Hung: ―thank you very much for your lovely party , Hoa. – Hoa: ― ________________________ .
- Cheers B. Have a good day. C. Thank you. D. You‘re welcome.
Question 21: Peter is talking about his father’health.
– Perter: ―My father’s much better now. – Tom: ― _______________________ .
- Oh, I’m pleased to hear it B. Oh, really ? The doctor must be very good
- C. Good news for you Wonderful. Congratulation!
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word(s) CLOSEST in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.
Question 22: The situation seems to be changing minute by minute.
- very rapidly B. time after time C. again and again D. from time to time
Question 23: It took me a very long time to recover from the shock of her death.
- turn off B. take on C. get over D. keep up with
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word(s) OPPOSITE in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.
Question 24: The Red Cross is an international humanitarian agency dedicated to reducing the sufferings of wounded soldiers, civilians and prisoners of war.
- happiness B. worry and sadness C. pain and sorrow D. loss
Question 25: She was unhappy that she lost contact with a lot of her old friends when she went abroad to study.
- A. made room for B. put in charge of C. lost control of D. got in touch with
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the sentence that is closest in meaning to each of the following questions.
Question 26: I have not seen Tom for ages.
- It has been a long time .since I last saw Tom. B. Tom and I do not look the same age.
- C. Tom and I are friends for a long time. I often met Tom ages ago.
Question 27: “How beautiful is the dress you have just bought!” Peter said to Mary.
- A. Peter promised to buy Mary a beautiful dress.
- B. Peter said thanks to Mary for her beautiful dress.
- Peter complimented Mary on her beautiful dress.
- D. Peter asked Mary how she had just bought her beautiful dress.
Question 28: If you honor me, I will appreciate it.
- If I am to be honored, it is to be appreciated. B. Thank you for your appreciation to honor me.
- C. Because of your honor, I will appreciate. D. You are appreciated to honor me.
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the sentence that can be made from the words given:
Question 29: Just imagine / human life / be like / 20 years.
- A. Just imagine how human life will be like for 20 years.
- B. Just imagine human life will be like in 20 years.
- Just imagine what human life will be like in 20 years.
- D. Just imagine that human life will be like since 20 years.
Question30: / read / advertisement / your company / today’s newspaper.
- A. I would like to read the advertisement of your company on today’s newspaper.
- I have just read the advertisement of your company in today’s newspaper.
- C. I enjoy reading the advertisement from your company in today’s newspaper.
- D. I read the .advertisement which is of your company in today’s newspaper-
Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct word or phrase that best fits each of the numbered blanks from 31 to 35.
After a busy day of work and play, the body needs to rest. Sleep is necessary for good health. During this time, the body recovers from the (31) ______ of the day. The rest that you get while sleeping makes it possible for your body to prepare itself for the next day.
There are four levels of sleep, each being a little (32) ______ than the one before. As you sleep, your body relaxes little by little. Your heart beats more slowly, and your brain slows down. After you reach the fourth level, your body shifts back and forth from one level to the other.
(33) ______ your mind slows down, you will dream from time to time. Scientists who study sleep point out that when dreaming occurs, your eyeballs begin to move more quickly. This stage of sleep is called REM, which (34)______ rapid eye movement.
If you have trouble falling asleep, some people recommend breathing very slowly and very deeply. Other people believe that drinking warm milk will make you (35) ______ . There is also an old suggestion that counting sheep will put you to sleep.
Question 31: A. acts B. actions C. activities D. activeness
Question 32: A. deeper B. lighter C. shorter D. higher
Question 33: A. Because B. Although C. Despite D. As
Question 34: A. sends for B. calls for C. searchs for D. stands for
Question 35: A. tired B. drowsy C. dizzy D. awake
Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the questions from 36 to 43.
All mammals feed their young. Beluga whale mothers, for example, nurse their calves for some twenty months, until they are about to give birth again and their young are able to find their own food. The behavior of feeding of the young is built into the reproductive system. It is a non-elective part of parental care and the defining feature of a mammal, the most important thing that mammals – whether marsupials, platypuses, spiny anteaters, or placental mammals – have in common.
But not all animal parents, even those that tend their offspring to the point of hatching or birth, feed their young. Most egg-guarding fish do not, for the simple reason that their young are so much smaller than the parents and eat food that is also much smaller than the food eaten by adults. In reptiles, the crocodile mother protects her young after they have hatched and takes them down to the water, where they will find food, but she does not actually feed them. Few insects feed their young after hatching, but some make other arrangement, provisioning their cells and nests with caterpillars and spiders that they have paralyzed with their venom and stored in a state of suspended animation so that their larvae might have a supply of fresh food when they hatch.
For animals other than mammals, then, feeding is not intrinsic to parental care. Animals add it to their reproductive strategies to give them an edge in their lifelong quest for descendants. The most vulnerable moment in any animal’s life is when it first finds itself completely on its own, when it must forage and fend for itself. Feeding postpones that moment until a young animal has grown to such a size that it is better able to cope. The young that are fed by their parents become nutritionally independent at a much greater fraction of their full adult size. And in the meantime those young are shielded against the vagaries of fluctuating of difficult – to- find supplies. Once a species does take the step of feeding its young, the young become totally dependent on the extra effort. If both parents are removed, the young generally do not survive.
Question 36: What does the passage mainly discuss?
- The care that various animals gives to their offspring.
- The difficulties young animals face in obtaining food.
Ghi rõ nguồn khi sử dụng lại tài liệu, nguồn: Nguyễn Minh Hiền – Thích Tiếng Anh – thichtienganh.com
Với “Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh trường THPT Võ Thị Sáu năm 2017” Thích Tiếng Anh chia sẻ, các bạn hãy ôn luyện kĩ đề để nẵm vững kiến thức học được nhé!